Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No worries man....what can be unburdened by what has been
    • Im sorry, I’m behind schedule responding to your request.   A few unexpected things came up.    I’ll do my best.   Very long post ahead!    Even when Ballard is boilerplate,  I still find him endlessly fascinating.  He just doesn’t sound like any GM I interviewed or listened to in my 30 years of doing just that.   I think he’s more candid than most,  gives more revealing info,  I just find him very refreshing.     When I listened to CB, obviously I always try to hear what he’s says, but also to what he doesn’t say.  Sometimes I find that revealing.     Here, in no particular order, are the things that jumped out at me.   Once again, he heaped praise on Jim Bob Cooter.  Is that the 3rd time?  Or 4th?   Combine that with Taylor’s comment in the last few days saying JBC does more X’s and O’s than any coach he’s ever seen and I was very happy.  It’s my growing suspicion that this coaching staff is far superior to any staff Frank ever had and I thought Frank had some pretty good staffs.   As many have said, feels like we finally have a 21st century offense.  Watching last season almost every week I’d find myself saying…. “I’ve never seen that from the Colts before.”   I liked when Ballard gave shout outs to his tight end room.  Named 6 or 7 guys by name, all very complimentary, but I don’t believe Ogletree was one of them.  Are the Colts still waiting on a ruling from the NFL or has that come?   And if it has come, are we then waiting for final decision from Irsay?  Because I think CB and SS really like Ogletree and want him on the team.     I thought Ballard was barely able to contain himself about the offense he has built.  That was as confident as I think he’s ever been.   And he practically gagged himself about how good Taylor is and the kind of year he will have.  I think he really likes his new and very improved wide receiver room.  He gushed over how good he thinks Josh Downs is.    The boilerplate comments that stuck with me are his core beliefs about the importance of both lines, that’s how good teams win.   And with what he added this off-season I’d say mission accomplished.     There wasn’t as much talk about the defense.   He’s impressed with how far EJ Speed has come from Nowhere State-Tech A&M.  Thought Blackman had a very good year, one of his best.   Said a few nice things about some depth players.     Ballard also tossed out some red meat for the fans about wanting to reach the playoffs and preferably win the division and reminded how close we were last year.  Smart play, but I understand if you think of that as boilerplate.    And that about covers the bases for me.  Hope I gave you what you were looking for?  I’m here if you have questions, although the day may get busy in the afternoon, then in the evening the opening ceremonies of the Olympics will likely get our attention. 
    • At the end of the season the Colts will have 7 wide receivers' contracts expire.  Most are roster depth and rarely see the field on game day.  Do think a lot of upside potential signing Treadwell and has proven experience as a former first rounder.  Figuring Dulin might be the highest value of the seven and Treadwell in the mix.  Dulin's injury history might make him expendable.     As for Nick Cross I think he will do very well in our Cover-3 at FS.  Cross has quick speed and should be able to see the field and should transition well.  Honestly hoping for a serviceable option with the potential to draft Josh Down's little brother in two years.  Keep an eye on Caleb Downs now with The Ohio State University.
    • I don't think it's a bad analogy.    The concern that people have is that if Richardson is used too much in the run game, it increases his risk of getting hurt. So Steichen saying 'you don't stop Curry from shooting threes' might seem like he's misunderstanding the concern.   But the way I understand it, Steichen is saying 'you don't restrict a player from doing the thing that makes them special.' He's not addressing the injury concern, he's countering that concern by saying the Colts aren't going to allow it to dominate their approach. Because, just like Curry's three point proficiency makes him special, Richardson's ability to run makes him special.    And I think that's a great way to make his point. JMO.
    • Ibthink you have not been reading my posts and I’ve been writing many if them.  So I’ll say it again….   Im in favor of Richardson running.  Have been since the Colts drafted him.  I’m in favor of how Shane plans to use him.    My only negative comment here is that Shane used a poor analogy.  And the part you hi-lited then cut and pasted here seems like it agrees with me, not with whatever you were trying to say.    I don’t know why several posters here are not understanding me.  I want AR to run.  I’m pro-AR, I’m pro-Steichen.  I just thought his analogy was poor.  Honestly that’s really all.  
  • Members