Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor: Pat McAfee on TNF Coverage Team?

cjwhiskers

Back in April there were a rumors about Pat McAfee joining Amazon’s Thursday Night Football coverage team, link below. I know they’ve nailed down both Al Michaels & Kirk Herbstreit (both have been frequent guests on PMS) for the booth but there is still some smoke out there for Pat (or the entire show) joining in some capacity. 

Today on Pat’s show Chris Collingsworth was on and mentioned “he knows Pat’s going to take the Amazon job” and it seemed incidental but who knows. Pat’s reaction was great. The group didn’t post a clip of it yet but maybe they will. 

I think it would be pretty cool for Pat to get a gig. His style doesn’t appeal to everyone but he’s blowing up more and more. His guests are typically awesome. I enjoy listening to his show daily and think he could add value to a live game. His group is entertaining as hell and the best is they aren’t the cookie cutter nonsense you get from other networks. 

https://nypost.com/2022/04/20/pat-mcafee-in-discussions-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football/

58 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Back in April there were a rumors about Pat McAfee joining Amazon’s Thursday Night Football coverage team, link below. I know they’ve nailed down both Al Michaels & Kirk Herbstreit (both have been frequent guests on PMS) for the booth but there is still some smoke out there for Pat (or the entire show) joining in some capacity. 

Today on Pat’s show Chris Collingsworth was on and mentioned “he knows Pat’s going to take the Amazon job” and it seemed incidental but who knows. Pat’s reaction was great. The group didn’t post a clip of it yet but maybe they will. 

I think it would be pretty cool for Pat to get a gig. His style doesn’t appeal to everyone but he’s blowing up more and more. His guests are typically awesome. I enjoy listening to his show daily and think he could add value to a live game. His group is entertaining as hell and the best is they aren’t the cookie cutter nonsense you get from other networks. 

https://nypost.com/2022/04/20/pat-mcafee-in-discussions-with-amazon-for-thursday-night-football/

I think Pat would be amazing as a sideline reporter or even better as a part of the pregame/postgame crew. But I definitely dont want to see him as a commentator ever again, thats just not a good fit for him and what he does best. 

I think football needs its own version of Inside the NBA. I really think thats the gold standard for all sports shows. I still watch that, even tho I dont even really watch many NBA games anymore. And I think Pat could be a cornerstone for a program like that, for sure.

Archived