Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

January Mock 2019

FA: WR, CB, DT, LB, 

RD1: Devin White ILB LSU

RD2: David Edwards OT Wisconsin

RD2: Taylor Rapp S UW

RD3: C.J. Conrad TE Kentucky (TRADE: Brissett for RD 3 Pick)

RD3: Demarcus Christmas DT FSU 

RD4: Joe Gaziano DT Northwestern

RD4: Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson (COMP PiCK)

BPA...

Source: https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

I don't see us going ILB in the 1st Rd. Walker has been fantastic as the QB of the defense and did really well considering this was essentially his rookie year. I'd look for a DT or DE in the 1st.

Also, Brissett isn't getting traded for a 3rd. Ballard said someone would have to blow him away for him to trade Brissett and a 3rd isn't that, especially since I recall the supposed 2nd round offer last season. It would have to be a solid package of picks or a 1st to make Ballard let Brissett go.

2 hours ago, FalseStart said:

BPA...

I appreciate the effort. 

In regards to FA, what WR or DT do you see as a difference maker?

I think FA is VERY weak in WR and DT (Suh isnt going to be touched by the Colts)

In regards to the draft

I love Devin White for this defense, but you have him going 10-15 spots later than

many mock drafts (and top prospects lists)

I like David Edwards as a possible RT 

I love Taylor Rapp, for this defense, but you have him going 25-30 picks later than

Demarcus Christmas (I had to look him up) had THREE TFL, and ZERO Sacks... in all of 2018...... I wouldnt touch him with a 6th round pick...... seems like a slug.... I dont see him getting a 3rd round pick 

Hunter Renfro is a good pickup and would help the team

I really believe that you will see 2 DL spots filled in top 4 picks

I really believe that you will see a WR taken in top 4 picks

Thanks for putting together 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I appreciate the effort. 

In regards to FA, what WR or DT do you see as a difference maker?

I think FA is VERY weak in WR and DT (Suh isnt going to be touched by the Colts)

In regards to the draft

I love Devin White for this defense, but you have him going 10-15 spots later than

I like David Edwards as a possible RT 

I love Taylor Rapp, for this defense, but you have him going 25-30 picks later than

Demarcus Christmas (I had to look him up) had THREE TFL, and ZERO Sacks... in all of 2018...... I wouldnt touch him with a 6th round pick...... seems like a slug.... I dont see him getting a 3rd round pick 

Hunter Renfro is a good pickup and would help the team

I really believe that you will see 2 DL spots filled in top 4 picks

I really believe that you will see a WR taken in top 4 picks

Thanks for putting together 

I added the source...and just configured from there.  I've seen quite a few mocks... this one had White going late in RD1 and Rapp in RD2.  I happen to like our receivers... Cain was hurt...Fountain progressing last I heard.  I'm considering that as well. I think White would be the Terrell Suggs to Leonard's (Ray Lewis)... Strengthening the middle of the defense and run game. Edwards...obviously improves depth at O-Line...which we now have seen as a good move.  Rapp i think will be a great pro.  Renfrow does not drop balls...3rd down/possession receiver.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

The WR pool is extremely thin in FA unless you're suggesting we trade for Brown or Beckham. Same thing for DT. DE there is talent like Frank Clark, Demarcus Lawerence, Dee Ford

I think we do the minimum in FA this year...Waiting for 2020 to really begin to add the finishing pieces

4 hours ago, FalseStart said:

BPA...

Devin White is the Roquan Smith in this years draft. The off ball linebackers who were taken high last year showed up in a Big way this year so I don't see the off ball linebacker value dropping any time soon. With more teams moving to spread (Air Raid) offenses and mobile quarterbacks, it is more important than ever to have fast linebackers on the field for all 3 downs. I see White going in the top 10. 

I love your Hunter Renfrow pick. He has that Wes Welker vibe about him. I have Hunter ranked 119 right now, but he could move up, or be a steal for a team needing a slot receiver. 

David Edwards is a monster. I could see him going in the first round and I could also see a team taking him in the second and getting an absolute steal. 

• Like 1