Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I do not like Luck as receiver

SurfinKal

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Frank didn't call that play for Luck to be the receiver. He was sent out to be a decoy and Brissett took it upon himself to throw the ball to him.  Brissett seen there wasn't a defender covering Luck so he threw it to him.  Pointing a finger at Frank is wrong in this case.

That doesn’t change things. It’s a play that doesn’t need to be a part of the book. Don’t send your QB out wide be it to receive or be a decoy. QBs wear the least amount of pads on the team and we know all too well what happens when they get hurt. 

If Luck gets hurt under center whatever. Bad luck. There’s no need to increase the odds of that with these shenanigans no matter how small the chances. 

23 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you are over reacting a little my friend.

For one, comparing Frank to Chuck is dead wrong.

I am just making the point of both being head coaches responsible for placing a play in the play book without thinking through the ramifications of what "the one thing is that should never happen on that play". 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am just making the point of both being head coaches responsible for placing a play in the play book without thinking through the ramifications of what "the one thing is that should never happen on that play". 

Every play called could have ramifications if a head coach goes into it with that mindset. A coach can't worry about a player going rogue. (Brissett).

39 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

That doesn’t change things. It’s a play that doesn’t need to be a part of the book. Don’t send your QB out wide be it to receive or be a decoy. QBs wear the least amount of pads on the team and we know all too well what happens when they get hurt. 

If Luck gets hurt under center whatever. Bad luck. There’s no need to increase the odds of that with these shenanigans no matter how small the chances. 

So it's Frank's fault Brissett went rogue?  There wasn't a defender within 8 yards of Luck. I agree it was a risky play but I am sure Frank had a talk with Brissett. 

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So it's Frank's fault Brissett went rogue?  There wasn't a defender within 8 yards of Luck. I agree it was a risky play but I am sure Frank had a talk with Brissett. 

He shouldn’t have to have a talk with a Brissett. Brissett should have never had a chance to go rogue. 

Andrew Luck should have never been split out wide. 

Don’t line your QB up at WR. 

For any reason. 

20 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He shouldn’t have to have a talk with a Brissett. Brissett should have never had a chance to go rogue. 

Andrew Luck should have never been split out wide. 

Don’t line your QB up at WR. 

For any reason. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are not the head coach for the Colts.

Frank said in his press conference that play was done between Luck and Brissett and was not what he called. Maybe Luck told Brissett to throw the ball to him if he wasn't covered?  Now you can point a finger at Luck.

37 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are not the head coach for the Colts.

Frank said in his press conference that play was done between Luck and Brissett and was not what he called. Maybe Luck told Brissett to throw the ball to him if he wasn't covered?  Now you can point a finger at Luck.

You’re getting dangerously close to absolving Reich of any responsibility. If they hijacked the offense and decided to run a trick play he didn’t call it’s his job to call a timeout and put a stop to it. The head coach is supposed to be in control at all times. He can’t affect the outcome of the plays, but he has a hand in everything between the whistles. 

And you just keep on ignoring my whole point that there should never be any reason for Luck to line up out wide. That is not a play we even need to have in the organization, let alone actually lining up for it. Frank should have never entertained a play that saw Luck line up at receiver. 

43 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

You’re getting dangerously close to absolving Reich of any responsibility. If they hijacked the offense and decided to run a trick play he didn’t call it’s his job to call a timeout and put a stop to it. The head coach is supposed to be in control at all times. He can’t affect the outcome of the plays, but he has a hand in everything between the whistles. 

And you just keep on ignoring my whole point that there should never be any reason for Luck to line up out wide. That is not a play we even need to have in the organization, let alone actually lining up for it. Frank should have never entertained a play that saw Luck line up at receiver. 

You are not Frank so he don't think like you do. 

This holding one person responsible when someone else goes rogue is wrong. Was it Frank's fault Brissett and Luck went rogue? No. it wasn't.

I think you are making way too big of a deal out of it anyway.