Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher report has Colts taking Chub at #3

12 hours ago, Trueman said:

Believe what you want, man.

The Giants will take a QB if they feel one of the top guys is a franchise QB. You don’t pass on what you believe to be the next 15 years at your QB position if you’re really convinced by one.

Not with a QB like Eli , and certainly not at his age.

If they don’t take one at #2 , it’s because they aren’t convinced the top guys are franchise QB’s. The end.

I agree.   To suggest that a team should draft a guy at #2 that they aren't sold on is crazy.   To be honest, I don't think this draft class has a QB worthy of a top 2 pick.   Also, if the Giants feel they are a couple pieces away, taking a QB to sit on the bench is not a good idea.   Barkley, Chubb Nelson or another can have an immediate impact.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.   To suggest that a team should draft a guy at #2 that they aren't sold on is crazy.   To be honest, I don't think this draft class has a QB worthy of a top 2 pick.   Also, if the Giants feel they are a couple pieces away, taking a QB to sit on the bench is not a good idea.   Barkley, Chubb Nelson or another can have an immediate impact.  

Yep, agreed. Whether you agree with it or not, I think the Giants stick with Eli. Add Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson and their team is vastly improved. I could also see them trading down and trading for the future, when Eli will be gone.

4 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep, agreed. Whether you agree with it or not, I think the Giants stick with Eli. Add Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson and their team is vastly improved. I could also see them trading down and trading for the future, when Eli will be gone.

They may feel they can get 2-3 years out of Eli.   If that is the case, you draft a 2nd or 3rd round QB for the future.   It all depends on how far they think their team is from being a playoff team.