Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Realistic trade up or down candidates

So I'm not a college guru by any means however saying so I do my extensive research on at least all day one prospects and some day two guys. I realize it is crazy early but I am wondering what prospects who could drastically improve this team on either side of the ball. IMO we could trade up possibly inside later half of the top ten and trade away a pick or two to accomplish this. Or even trade down closer to pick number twenty and acquire additional picks. Wanted to get feedback on weather consensus fan approach would favor up or down and possible targets in this draft. For me to trade up it would have to be for someone down the middle. Because we drafted Kelly at center and there is no stud NT projected in the first my trade up prospect are as followed.

#1 one of the most ideal picks IMO Rueben Foster. Alabama inside line backer. Complete stud could come in right away and make us better. Hands down my choice

#2 If Malik Hooker Ohio state free safety slides between 8-10 ranges could come in day one and replace Adams. Would immediately enhance our secondary IMO.

If we trade down I believe the value would probably be at corner or outside backer. My choices would be.

#1 whichever is left cb under the (assumption two are already drafted my guess Marshon Lattimore Ohio State 
Marlon Humphrey Alabama) I would draft either Sidney Jones Washington, Teez Tabor Florida, Quincy Wilson, Florida

#2 Best pass rusher available Takkarist McKinley UCLA, Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt 

#3 I would consider Jabrill Peppers Michigan here as well around pick number twenty

Let me know your guy’s opinion if u give two craps this early in the process. 

5 hours ago, Coltivated said:

So I'm not a college guru by any means however saying so I do my extensive research on at least all day one prospects and some day two guys. I realize it is crazy early but I am wondering what prospects who could drastically improve this team on either side of the ball. IMO we could trade up possibly inside later half of the top ten and trade away a pick or two to accomplish this. Or even trade down closer to pick number twenty and acquire additional picks. Wanted to get feedback on weather consensus fan approach would favor up or down and possible targets in this draft. For me to trade up it would have to be for someone down the middle. Because we drafted Kelly at center and there is no stud NT projected in the first my trade up prospect are as followed.

#1 one of the most ideal picks IMO Rueben Foster. Alabama inside line backer. Complete stud could come in right away and make us better. Hands down my choice

#2 If Malik Hooker Ohio state free safety slides between 8-10 ranges could come in day one and replace Adams. Would immediately enhance our secondary IMO.

If we trade down I believe the value would probably be at corner or outside backer. My choices would be.

#1 whichever is left cb under the (assumption two are already drafted my guess Marshon Lattimore Ohio State 
Marlon Humphrey Alabama) I would draft either Sidney Jones Washington, Teez Tabor Florida, Quincy Wilson, Florida

#2 Best pass rusher available Takkarist McKinley UCLA, Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt 

#3 I would consider Jabrill Peppers Michigan here as well around pick number twenty

Let me know your guy’s opinion if u give two craps this early in the process. 

I agree with the Foster pick however I don't think we can afford to move up with so many needs on the defense. I think we need as much ammo as we can get. Foster I think will land in Cincy if I have my guess. They have a big need at lb.

As for safeties...yes I think we could use another safety to replace Adams I think we find someone in free agency. Geathers is locked in and I think they will want to bring Green along. If we bring back Butler he played alright at safety in a pinch too. I wouldn't be sold spending that high of a pick on a safety....and Peppers is a perfect safety...I don't think he can play anything else. I was pretty well set expecting Mckinnley to be the guy that fell to us but with the injury I'm not sure anymore. If the right OLB isn't there than I would like us to take one of the really really talented cbs. I know its deep and I'd rather get one in rd 2 but those would be two glaring holes that we have...pass rush and pass coverage. I know our run defense was like worst in the league but I think getting guys healthy and some better LBs will help clean that up at least to a respectable point. I'm not big on moving up in the first rd. I think there will be plenty of quality guys at a position of need we will find to help our roster. Moving back maybe....but we need all the picks we can get to help this team out.

I would focus on drafting Dalvin Cook if you can make it happen.  I don't agree that fans sometimes say, RBs are a dime a dozen, Dalvin Cook is the real deal....He will definitely help Luck and the offense, and allow Luck to survive all those contacts.  There is nothing wrong with trading up to get a blue chip linebacker if you have to give up a draft or two....Grigson, think about it your career is depending on it.