Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+3.5) at Kansas City (12-25-16)

oldunclemark

3 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Brady got his butt kicked by Denver's defense. Same thing that happened to Peyton in 2003/2004 where he ran played well all year and ran in to a juggernaut D.

Manning did not play well last year. I'm not sure why anyone is trying to argue otherwise. He was benched for a reason.

Injury?

You won't find many arguing that he played poorly in the regular season but as has been said he still managed to be clutch late in many of those terrible games and made enough plays in the playoffs. The spark he gave them in week 17 by consistently getting them into the right plays also kept them from a trip to Foxboro for the AFCCG.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Given that they won a SB last year with a dirty defense who practically got away with murder last year, I don't feel sorry for them whatsoever. 

I know that they've had their fair share of critics, but I don't know if I would call them dirty. I respect your opinion though.

Brady got his butt kicked by Denver's defense. Same thing that happened to Peyton in 2003/2004 where he played well all year and ran in to a juggernaut D.  Keep in mind NE was an extra point away from OT in spite of the thrashing the defense gave them.

Manning did not play well last year. I'm not sure why anyone is trying to argue otherwise. He was benched for a reason.

But he played  3 1/2 strong gema sto get them the title.

If it wanst for him...Denver was the 5th seed..

........Peyton Manning is the reason Denver won the title...as hard as it is to hear

Just now, oldunclemark said:

But .KC's attack is so short pass and run..

..I dont see how they get through 3 playoff games/

The playoffs are a crapshoot I mean the Colts had the worst run defense the year we won the SB you just need 3/4 playoff games to be good enough and have a matchup that works out. Its about matchups come postseason.

2 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Nobody on the AFC gets through NE now that OAK lost their QB.

Maybe PIT? Even that is a stretch.

At least this time around the Steelers would have Roethlisberger they didn't the first game. 

I don't trust any of the other QB's in the AFC at this point that are in the posteason. 

........Peyton Manning is the reason Denver won the title...as hard as it is to hear

He played better than Brock Osweiler against San Diego.

We've all seen how "good" Brock Osweiler is.

Any remotely decent QB rides that Denver D to s a Superbowl. It happens. Peyton may as well have been Dilfer. (Ok, not THAT useless, but he coattailed.)

Just now, CF4L said:

At least this time around the Steelers would have Roethlisberger they didn't the first game. 

I don't trust any of the QB's in the AFC at this point that are in the posteason. 

It won't be in Pittsburgh though. The Steelers really are the only shot of a NE missing the Superbowl though sadly. 

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver's defense is the reason they won the title. They showed up for 19 games and played at a historic level in most of them. This in spite of an offense that was usually a hindrance and put them in bad positions, constantly putting them back on the field. Most defenses would be gassed.

Manning was part of the team. I'm happy he got a second ring. He deserved it after carrying the Colts bad defenses and terrible special teams for over a decade to brick walls in the playoffs where the team fell on its face.

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Any remotely decent QB rides that Denver D to s a Superbowl. It happens. Peyton may as well have been Dilfer. (Ok, not THAT useless, but he coattailed.)

But Moose..without that 2nd half....Denver is  the 5th seed and they dont get anywhere near the bowl

In the NE game..he was strong

..aren't we talking about Trevor Siemian?

With Kubiak's garbage system and statistically the worst OL to ever play in the Superbowl, then I don't think you can conclusively say that any "remotely decent" QB could have taken Denver from losing vs San Diego in week 17 to winning the SB. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Denver's defense is the reason they won the title. In spite of an offense that was usually a hindrance.

And yet they can't seem to do it with any QB apparently.

Not saying Manning wasn't a shell of himself or even excellent but he had a bit more of an impact than people want to believe here. Being a QB is a bit more than tossing around a football.

6 minutes ago, CF4L said:

And yet they can't seem to do it with any QB apparently.

Not saying Manning wasn't a shell of himself or even excellent but he had a bit more of an impact than people want to believe here. Being a QB is a bit more than tossing around a football.

Again, I get the leadership thing, but he was missing too many throws that should have been made.

And I stand by my statement that most starting QB's in the NFL would win the SB with Denver last season. That's a testament to their defense, because Kubiak's system is vomit inducing. Few QB's would have success on that team, but it's moot because the defense did the lion's share of the work.

Throw the toasted Manning of last season on the team this year with the current "good but not legendary" defense. Does anyone here honestly believe Denver would make the playoffs? Let alone win a playoff game much less the Superbowl?

5 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Again, I get the leadership thing, but he was missing too many throws that should have been made.

And I stand by my statement that most starting QB's in the NFL would win the SB with Denver last season. That's a testament to their defense, because Kubiak's system is vomit inducing. Few QB's would have success on that team, but it's moot because the defense did the lion's share of the work.

Throw Manning of last season on the team this year with the current "good but not legendary" defense. Does anyone here honestly believe Denver would make the playoffs?

Probably not only because their division is tough if they were in the crap AFC South yes. But they aren't so they're screwed.

Point is the defense is still carrying the team and the offense is abysmal and you can't blame the old dude or even Osweiler for this anymore...

You have a team that's divided and even though one would think they would've been last season with a declining Manning they weren't. 

11 minutes ago, 19colt said:

With Kubiak's garbage system and statistically the worst OL to ever play in the Superbowl, then I don't think you can conclusively say that any "remotely decent" QB could have taken Denver from losing vs San Diego in week 17 to winning the SB. 

Manning played well vs SD. By not putting on a poor performance the prior 16 weeks they would (and should) have never been in that position with one of the best D's in NFL history. Quite possibly THE best given the burden they shouldered all year. Any remotely decent QB play in most games would not have had them against the wall in week 17 to begin with.

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Throw the toasted Manning of last season on the team this year with the current "good but not legendary" defense. Does anyone here honestly believe Denver would make the playoffs? Let alone win a playoff game much less the Superbowl?

But pull ANY OTHER QB off the bench in week 17 against SD with his team 7 behind

..and he wont rally them to win after sitting 7 weeks.

That's the reality.

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

If the Denver defense is healthy then yes, I think they have a decent shot of at least getting to Foxboro with Manning. The intangibles are what they are missing.

As for the missed throws etc etc ... you really can't say that on the whole for the post injury version of Manning. Vs Pittsburgh he suffered from 7-8 drops and did miss Norwood in the endzone vs NE but otherwise played very well when the pass pro was there.  

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But pull ANY OTHER QB off the bench in week 17 against SD with his team 7 behind

..and he wont rally them to win after sitting 7 weeks.

That's the reality.

Rodgers? Brady? Brees?

Also none of those guys would have been benched and put Denver in that position to begin with.

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Rodgers? Brady? Brees?

Also none of those guys would have been benched and put Denver in that position to begin with.

If they were playing as bad they probably would've Brady was benched vs KC a couple years back

3 minutes ago, CF4L said:

If they were playing as bad they probably would've Brady was benched vs KC a couple years back

Even the best QB's have one stinker game a year. It's been true for Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc.

I'm not talking about getting benched for one bad game while usually playing well. Manning got benched for usually playing poorly while occasionally playing well. And I stand by what I said in that none of those guys would have gotten benched.

Manning, oddly enough, had a few of his oddball yearly stinker games against the Browns of all teams while in Indy.

6 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Even the best QB's have one stinker game a year. It's been true for Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc.

I'm not talking about getting benched for one bad game while usually playing well. Manning got benched for usually playing poorly while occasionally playing well. And I stand by what I said in that none of those guys would have gotten benched.

Manning, oddly enough, had a few of his oddball yearly stinker games against the Browns of all teams while in Indy.

And still never lost to the Browns. Regardless people will say they won despite Manning okay but they aren't going to make the playoffs without him either. Or Osweiler(he can't be blamed for Denver's current woes either)

I mean the Broncos didn't need a QB or anything. That's what I keep hearing. 

I actually think Siemian isn't the problem its Kubiak and its safe to say it since the other culprits aren't on the team anymore.

Their offense is worse now than it was with a 39 year old washed up QB.

just doesn't look like it..does it?

KC is solid on defense..but they are doing it again tonight...scored quick and now shut down

I don't know about you, but for me, this has been one of the most boring seasons...    I keep waiting for some excitement to get me riled up.

btw... Merry Christmas Mark.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I don't know about you, but for me, this has been one of the most boring seasons...    I keep waiting for some excitement to get me riled up.

btw... Merry Christmas Mark.

same to you Gramz...and it has lacked a little for me, too...

Colts not making the playoffs.....the old Sherriff selling insurance and pizza..

Merry Christmas again