Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Position will Henry Anderson Play?

ProblChld32

It's my understanding that RJF was at the 5-tech.     The defensive end.     That's where Anderson goes.

Redding was more a DT than a DE.     

Langford will replace him.      Jones will be....    everywhere.....

actually you have that backwards...in the base front, Redding was almost exclusively the 5-tech DE on the strong side while RJF/Jones lined up mostly at 3-tech DT on the weakside in the base front.  Redding really only played 3-tech in the Nickel fronts.  I think that Jones will move over to 5-tech on the strong side with Kerr/Hughes as his primary backups, and Langford will be on the weakside at 3-tech.  My hunch as of now is that Anderson would be in the rotation behind Langford.

why?

Yeah I don't get that either. He's perfect for controlling two gaps straight up, and not really an ideal penetrator / gap shooter. I think he'll play inside at 1 tech and strongside at 5 tech, primarily. Hughes is a better 3 tech, IMO.

Might be DE initially till he gains more strength and experience. Hard to believe he's 290 with that build. He can easily gain 10-15 pounds. Comparing the numbers he's a poor mans Watt. He's a little taller and heavier coming out but just a little slower across the board on combine numbers. From all the videos I've seen of him or the defense he always stands out. Always hustling and playing in the backfield