Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What was the greatest colts catch?

RockThatBlue

But, then I am older than most of ya'll.

I'm 60. Born in Baltimore in 54. Loved Colts and Orioles long as I can remember.I was in Memorial Stadium for Johnny U's last TD pass as a Colt. 5 yard dump off. WR (Willie Richardson?) Broke 5 tackles, went 80 yds for the TD.

Best catch of all was when Memorial Stadium in Baltimore caught a Cessna in the upper deck after a playoff game. Tried to land on field, missed, couldn't climb enough and crashed into the stadium. Had the Steelers not been winning by 26 (seemed like 50), many would've died. Luckily, the stadium was emptying....

http://baltimorecolts.blogspot.com/2008/07/memorial-stadium-plane-crash.html?m=1

the greatest NON Catch was Jimmy Orr forlornly waving in the end zone, all alone, and Earl Morral looked at him on the flea flicker, then threw an interception to Johnny Samples on the other side (Super Bowl III). Colts dominated that game, but lost 16-7. Samples had Morral's number all day..

Of course, now we know the likely truth about SB III. Even the Colts owner at the time bet on the Jets.