Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers WR Keenan Allen Broke Collarbone

HtownColt

He played with it for a while and didn't tell anyone until later.  I believe he was carted off because of the ankle issue.  He's a fighter, he wasn't going to leave the team in the lurch if he could have anything to do with it.  Keenan's matchups this year have been top drawer, he's struggled at times but always been important to the team in the intangibles.  He blocks with as much enthusiasm as he flies down the field. He's "sitting at Gates' feet" and drinking in everything he can.  I am so sad he'll be out.

The injuries have been ridiculous this year - not only a lot quantity wise, but at one point we were losing one or two starters a game to IR or long term injuries.  That and repeated injuries to the same position group or key position like playing 5 centers in one season.  I haven't looked into the record books, but that one has to be a record or close to it and I pity the team that holds that record if it isn't us.  It's so disruptive.

Losing our top 3 running backs was HUGE, especially combined with the OL instability.  

The D has been hit hard as well, but has fared better getting through it, but our barely acceptable secondary is now very thin.  

NOT whining, just the reality of our year.  I honestly don't expect the playoffs at this point but would love to see what we could do if we made them.  We've played the best this year, no easy schedule produced our wins.  And we played close enough to win when we weren't even playing well.  

That's football...  ;)

He played with it for a while and didn't tell anyone until later.  I believe he was carted off because of the ankle issue.  He's a fighter, he wasn't going to leave the team in the lurch if he could have anything to do with it.  Keenan's matchups this year have been top drawer, he's struggled at times but always been important to the team in the intangibles.  He blocks with as much enthusiasm as he flies down the field. He's "sitting at Gates' feet" and drinking in everything he can.  I am so sad he'll be out.

The injuries have been ridiculous this year - not only a lot quantity wise, but at one point we were losing one or two starters a game to IR or long term injuries.  That and repeated injuries to the same position group or key position like playing 5 centers in one season.  I haven't looked into the record books, but that one has to be a record or close to it and I pity the team that holds that record if it isn't us.  It's so disruptive.

Losing our top 3 running backs was HUGE, especially combined with the OL instability.  

The D has been hit hard as well, but has fared better getting through it, but our barely acceptable secondary is now very thin.  

NOT whining, just the reality of our year.  I honestly don't expect the playoffs at this point but would love to see what we could do if we made them.  We've played the best this year, no easy schedule produced our wins.  And we played close enough to win when we weren't even playing well.  

That's football...  ;)

You are a good sport. We are going into the last couple games very healthy on the Colts. Of course, last year, it was the opposite. You guys are doing a great job facing adversary with all those injuries. I think next season (especially on the off-chance that Peyton retires) you'll have a great chance to win the division. Stay the course this year and maybe you get lucky! There's still a slight bit of hope!