Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas Cowboys

oldunclemark

But you checked in on this subject a month ago..as this thread shows..

Its okay....

I want comment on what I say...so we can debate it...as we have..

I don't think the run game matters in the NFL as much as you obviously do.

Its big in high school..but its a Rotary Engine Mazda in the NFL

you quoted a post of mine from October. That's the only reason i checked in on this thread. As far as a running game goes, You have to have a good one in January and February. That's been proven time and again. I wish the colts could run the ball as well as the boys do

Yep, I envy the Cowboys' O-Line indeed...but they spent the picks to make that happen....that's what we should have done back in Peyton days and didn't really focus on it much. We spent first round draft picks on people like Donald Brown, Jerry Hughes, Joseph Addai, Anthony Gonzalez...yep we did get CASTONZO though. Only 1 of those guys (of the 5 mentioned) are still on our team...sad.

Yep, I envy the Cowboys' O-Line indeed...but they spent the picks to make that happen....that's what we should have done back in Peyton days and didn't really focus on it much. We spent first round draft picks on people like Donald Brown, Jerry Hughes, Joseph Addai, Anthony Gonzalez...yep we did get CASTONZO though. Only 1 of those guys (of the 5 mentioned) are still on our team...sad.

Sad indeed. I feel bad for Andrew. Imagine what this offense could do with even a decent oline

This is why Polian was so bad.

Useless drafts from 2004-2011, save for Castonzo. Those who produced unfortunately were injured too fast and early in their careers; e.g. Bob Sanders, Tony Gonzalez.

The Cowboys O-line is just OK...They run block well but, against good teams, Romo gets sacked more often than groceries at Kroger

Ok I lol'd. Hard.

And yes Polian struck gold for a few years....but year after year of not adding depth to the O-line caused us troubles to this day. Once Glenn retired post 2006, it was all downhill from there. We're a bit better this year pass blocking. At least it looks good sometimes these days as opposed to our QB (Luck, Manning, Painter, poor old Collins) running for their lives on every snap. In the case of Collins he got killed.....saw it coming a mile away. Don't forget that great run blocking where our guys get manhandled as soon as they get the handoff.

I'm just glad Luck survived a year behind it let alone two.