Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton says we are a team to be reckoned with

krunk

Saying the team was unprepared might not be accurate, but there were glaring coaching errors in the first half.  In addition to what you mentioned, the defense last night looked like it did during the cover 2 days here.  We beat Denver last year by playing physical with their receivers and jamming them every opportunity at the line.  This year we come out giving 10 yard cushions, acting terrified of Sanders beating us deep, and letting Peyton have simple 8 yard completions at will.  It was fixed in the second half, and guess what, the same result as last year happened.  That's just awful game planning and there's no reason for it to happen time after time.  I love that this coaching staff is so good at the second half adjustments, but why does it always take until halftime?

Coaching errors aren't the same as being ill prepared. The 4th and 1 and the goal line error are coaching mistakes. I don't think that has anything to do with not being prepared, though.

I also don't agree with the Cover 2 comment. We got destroyed on crossing routes against Thomas, and Sanders got open underneath early on. Peyton makes 8 yard completions look simple; remember, he had 29 completions and almost 400 yards in last year's game. We didn't change the outside coverage in the second half, we just played better. 

I didn't think the issue was gameplanning. I think the issue was poor execution. The third and short on the first drive, then taking a delay of game on the FG, turnover on the second drive, poor blocking on the third and fourth drive... I don't think that's about preparation.

hes being kind.

It was 24-0

What room do you have to be kind after losing one game 39-33 and then winning another game by 7 points?  That's like us saying we were being gracious to them when the score last year was 33-14 before their come back.   

I was watching when it was 24-0 and my dad texted me that he was changing the channel because it was a beatdown. I texted him back he should keep watching, because like clockwork the Colts always seem to come back. I knew you'd score at least 20 unanswered points, it's just how you guys roll.

If you decided to run the actual team out for both halves instead of letting the JV team play the first, you'd probably win every game.

I was watching when it was 24-0 and my dad texted me that he was changing the channel because it was a beatdown. I texted him back he should keep watching, because like clockwork the Colts always seem to come back. I knew you'd score at least 20 unanswered points, it's just how you guys roll.

If you decided to run the actual team out for both halves instead of letting the JV team play the first, you'd probably win every game.

I can't help but agree.  Hey congrats on the win yesterday.  We'll try to take care of business on Monday night and catch back up with you guys and Tennessee.