Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That Guy's Mock Draft

It has been a long while since I've attempted one (since my last one was ridiculed because I wanted to trade away Peyton Manning for a #3 pick to get Matt Kalil, and I tend to be sensative to criticism :sarcasm:).  I figured I'd give it another shot. 

Keep in mind that I want Delano Howell to start at safety and Khaled Holmes to start at center at least until they get injured or prove unworthy of the spots.  That gives us an opportunity to draft players with skills to mold into eventual starters.  If it looks to you like I've reached for players or expected players to fall, keep in mind that ALL of these things are predictions and not reality.  I'm sure my prediction will be wrong, as will yours.

Round 2:

Jeremiah Attaochu OLG Georgia Tech

I like the old NYG approach to pass defense.  If you can rush the passer consistently, your DB's can have fun and create plays.

Round 3:

Daniel McCullers NT Tennessee

Josh Chapman is the only NT we have on the roster (even though Art Jones and Montorri Hughes can play the position), and we need our run stuffers to stay fresh if we want third and long situations.

Round 4 (trade our 5 and next years 5 to move up):

Victor Hampton CB/S South Carolina

Physical corner who loves to hit and has good range.  Good in press if we need him to step in on dime situations, but I would like to test him out at safety.  I'm counting on Pagano and our locker room to handle any character concerns.

Round 6:

Alden Darby S Arizona State

Great character leader and intelligent player.  Would be great on special teams until he steps up into a starting spot.

Round 7:

Justin Britt OT/OG Missouri

Good build and athleticism, but needs to learn how to block in the NFL and finish or sustain blocks.

Potential Free Agents:

Josh Allen C Louisiana-Monroe

Needs to learn how to make line calls, but has a chance to learn.

Randell Johnson OLB Florida Atlantic

Athletic and good in coverage.  Needs to learn from the master (Mathis) how to get to QBs.

Jerry Gates S Bowling Green

Player who has fun on the field on looks custom built for special teams.

I don't think Attaochu is going to be there at 59. He's looking like a fringe first-round guy.

I don't see first round, but I am counting on him slipping a bit.  Luck plays a major part in all of these.  If you would prefer to substitute Marcus Smith (and by your signature, I'm guessing you would), feel free.  Attaochu just happens to be one of the players that I hope falls to us, and I figured I'd put an optimistic spin on my mock.