Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars beating Texans

danlhart87

Guest TeamLoloJones

I guess it starts with the fact that I haven't applied to be one. LOL

I'm over simplifying the process, no question about that. Stripping down is the easy part. Figuring out the cap impacts is just math and a rudimentary understanding of the basics. The sales pitches and the scouting/player evaluation are talents. Not everyone has them. Having a lot of smart people around you is key. I believe a lot of GMs are too stubborn to yield to other people's opinions. Matt Millen said he was determined to make his own mistakes, not make someone else's mistakes. As if listening to someone else is going to fail. What you're refusing to consider is that someone else's mistake might not be a mistake at all. I understand believing in your system, but you can be steadfast to a fault.

That's why I like how Grigson went and hired Jimmy Raye III after Telesco left. A right hand man that he hasn't grown up with, that wasn't leftover from the previous regime. That shows an inclusive decision making process.

Anyways, if you know a team that's looking for a message board geek to run their team, let me know. I'm interested. ;)

I would love to see this headline...."Sources have confirmed the new GM of the Houston Texans will be Superman."  haha.  Wouldn't it be nice if Houston's GM was a Colts fan?

I would love to see this headline...."Sources have confirmed the new GM of the Houston Texans will be Superman."   haha.  Wouldn't it be nice if Houston's GM was a Colts fan?

gfTH7D6.jpg

I'm the evil looking guy in the background, rubbing his hands together in a sinister fashion, with a football tucked between my legs for some weird reason. Fear me.