Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis has highest rated DB game ever vs. Denver

loudnproudcolt

As I was reading a CBS Sportsline.com article (weekly overreactions) about the jets vs. patriots, and how Tom Brady has gotten a pass on what has been an underwhelming year so far, especially when you look at his stats for the year, I was directed to Pro Football Focus to look up some stats. I see many sites use their stats to measure performances, so they are highly regarded.

I looked up the Colts/Denver game and the player of the game was Vontae Davis. To show how incredible he was on Sunday night, he had the highest rating ever from PFF for a DB, setting a new PFF CB record with a +7.9 grade. Now I don't know exactly how these are done, but as the article says, this was done without any interceptions, which makes even more incredible. The guy is a beast and was glued to DT the whole night. IMH we have to wait at least until the end of the year, and maybe next year when we fill in the two week spots on the line to truly gauge the Trent Richardson trade, which does not look good right now, but I remain hopeful. We got Vontae for a 2nd, and he is showing he was worth a high 1st, so maybe it evens out a bit. The highest rating ever show though he is coming into his own, and I think he feels much more comfortable in Indy. I think Pagano and his history with DB's has really paid off here. If you want to read, here is the link:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/21/refo-broncos-colts-week-7/

I'm pretty sure he did play Peyton on Sunday night unless he was traded to the Jets and no one noticed...

Well, you better tell Vontae that because during his interview, after the game, he said playing against Tom Brady was tough that night.  He got appropriately slammed in the locker room for that remark.

Seems like I said the wrong name onetime and didn`t catch myself.

Jerk interviewer didn`t have his back.

I guess he must just be stupid and we should bring signs to the next game letting him know it.

Personally, I see & hear a really solid young man and teammate each time I listen to him.

He can become a Ring of Honor type player one day IMO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now