Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Peyton Never Was Injured

turner46992

Lets just say Peyton never had that neck surgery and simply because he didnt have any problem with his neck this year. Colts would still possibly be 0-1, but be a favorite going against the browns this week. Peytons streak would have obviously continued and he would have surpassed Dan Mareno(at Least I think) for second in all-time Td's. But forget all that...We would more than likely make the playoffs for the 10th consecutive season and possibly went on to the super bowl being the only team to play on home turf in the big game.

But after this season, how would the draft have went..would we pick up another under the radar player and expect them to pan out, or would the actually take a big name player(if any are left of course) in the 20-32 pick, depending how the went in the season?

Its just a thought, because it just doesnt seem like Polian is trying to build this team for our era after Peyton and of course now we are seeing just a glimpse of what a Manning-less team could possibly look like!

Dont get me wrong I still think with out him we can make the playoffs, but our chances are just not as strong as previous years, So if we dont make the playoffs we potential go from being in the 20-30 rounds to possibly 5-15 rounds of the draft..

The draft would have gone something like this:

Chris would take a solid player who is the BPA and one of our needs (like he did with Castonzo), let's say WR as an example. Fans will be super happy and think it was a great pick. The draft pick will have lots of hype and we will all be excited for what he can do the next year. The pick will not get as much thrown his way as we first hoped and then those same fans that were excited for the pick at the start of the season will be calling the pick a bust by week 3 and say that they were never happy with the pick.

I do think they are building the team for the future. By taking the best player available, instead of reaching for a position of need, we let our team have lots of talent on it, even when Peyton is gone.

The playoffs without Peyton Manning are just not a possibility. I will root, root, root for them each and every game as though we have a chance and would be tickled, BUT, this team is built on the no-huddle offense, deception, audibles, having the lead, etc. All of which cannot happen in a Collins led offense IMO. I still believe Manning will come back from surgery quicker than everyone suggests.

The draft would have gone something like this:

Chris would take a solid player who is the BPA and one of our needs (like he did with Castonzo), let's say WR as an example. Fans will be super happy and think it was a great pick. The draft pick will have lots of hype and we will all be excited for what he can do the next year. The pick will not get as much thrown his way as we first hoped and then those same fans that were excited for the pick at the start of the season will be calling the pick a bust by week 3 and say that they were never happy with the pick.

I do think they are building the team for the future. By taking the best player available, instead of reaching for a position of need, we let our team have lots of talent on it, even when Peyton is gone.

Hahahahaha

Truer words have yet to be spoken. God some fans are a fickle bunch.