Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne was actually double-teamed

krunk

Honestly it took Wayne close to three years to develop as a WR. So I don't know if Peyton helped develop him faster. I think if anyone should get credit for developing him it's probably the coaching staff and frankly his own hard work. Again having a QB like Peyton is going to make any player better than he is but as we saw with Roy Hall and Aaron Moorehead at some point the receiver has to have talent on their own and be able to develop themselves.

One of my points Re Peyton helping him develop sooner than than later is by making sure he instilled hard work & diligent practice of a repetitive nature , I think the 3 years is only because he had Harrison to throw so much to we didn't notice the development

of course no matter who is the teacher if u dont have the skills u wont make it from college in the nfl

I think we 2 are talking semantics and so subtle are the word differences we really mean the same essential thing

Have a great evening ,

One of my points Re Peyton helping him develop sooner than than later is by making sure he instilled hard work & diligent practice of a repetitive nature , I think the 3 years is only because he had Harrison to throw so much to we didn't notice the development

of course no matter who is the teacher if u dont have the skills u wont make it from college in the nfl

I think we 2 are talking semantics and so subtle are the word differences we really mean the same essential thing

Have a great evening ,

I think Wayne had that already I don't think Peyton had to install that. Frankly those are things BP said they looked for players when they drafted them. Honestly judging by how Peyton acts if Reggie didn't have those things Peyton just wouldn't have given him the time of day let alone work with him.

I think you are discrediting Wayne's work ethic and his own hand he had in his development to give Peyton another pat on the back that frankly Peyton doesn't need. Like you said if Wayne didn't have those things he wouldn't have made it from college to the NFL in the first place.

Manning will undoubtedly wind up with HOF worthy numbers. As a matter of fact, he already has them. But Reggie doesn't, and he's almost 34. So he has some work to do, and I'm not confident he'll get there. And if he just barely gets there, or is on the edge, I think the Manning argument will hurt him. Not fair, not accurate, but it is what it is.

I believe you're right regarding the argument. But games like this last one, which have big media attention (for a sad occasion, but still) can help him a lot. In the current NFL power rankings article, Ellitot Harrison wrote this to the Colt's column: "Oh, and by the way, if Reggie Wayne's ridiculous performance (13 catches, 212 yards and one very clutch touchdown) didn't convince you he's a Hall of Famer -- with or without Peyton Manning-- we've got nothing for ya here ..."

I like to see this as Reggie played like god for his old friend, and Chuck Pagano thanked him that in this way...

I think Wayne had that already I don't think Peyton had to install that. Frankly those are things BP said they looked for players when they drafted them. Honestly judging by how Peyton acts if Reggie didn't have those things Peyton just wouldn't have given him the time of day let alone work with him.

I think you are discrediting Wayne's work ethic and his own hand he had in his development to give Peyton another pat on the back that frankly Peyton doesn't need. Like you said if Wayne didn't have those things he wouldn't have made it from college to the NFL in the first place.

sorry if my words R wrong even if my meaning is right with u, I am in no way trying to take anything away from Reggie's achievements

maybe Peyton didnt install that work effort into reggie, he at least reinforced it & stressed it's importance & nurtured it along and reggie yes probally understood the importance of it so was natural for him to go with it

guess I am expressing self wrong, I know is major difference between a 1st round draft pick like Wayne and 1 like Gonzolez ( injuries aside we really never got a chance to see upside ) and other 1st rounders that didnt pan out, and reggie was a late first rounder at that

He is a HOF'er in his own right and have said that in comments on him in football general regarding Peyton missing him that came up in a topic

My apologies as it seems I offended reggie to u and in no way did i mean to , I hold only praise for his achievements

I am now shutting computer before I get another responce not that i am afraid of one but always do by now, usually sooner , as time nbeeeded elswhere, again have a good night