Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monster O To Be Tested

atapcl

The way we've stopped the run so far, I'm not too sure it's not the opposite. I think you've got to force us to stop the run before you risk subjecting Cutler to the pass rush.

True, but either fortunately or unfortunately, I think Lovie will want to get Cutler in the rhythm early, and he might be passing on first down the first few series. If he gets hit or is pressured into interceptions early, then they will turn to Forte on first and second down. Cutler's new weapons, Marshall and the rookie, will also fuel the desire to pass early. But maybe I'm wrong.

Im not going to make a judgment on McGlynn til he gets a fair shot here. I don't care what he done in Cincy or Philly. Does not mean he can't turn things around. Im sure there have been plenty of o-linemen that have turned into decent players after a not so great start to their careers. Sorry dude, but Pagano and Grigson apparently see something in the guy that makes them believe he is more than capable of being a starting RG or at least better than Olsen, otherwise he would not be penciled in as the starter. Im going to take their word for it over yours, or any other poster on this or any other forum.

I thought we had an understanding Mcglynn serves an immediate cheap purpose that Grigson is familiar with, if its not evident after 5 years int he league that he isn't a starter then I dunno what to tell ya. kinda hard to pencil anyone else in at that spot with Olsen down and Hicks still learning the system and developing, he is in by default until Olsen returns

I thought we had an understanding Mcglynn serves an immediate cheap purpose that Grigson is familiar with, if its not evident after 5 years int he league that he isn't a starter then I dunno what to tell ya. kinda hard to pencil anyone else in at that spot with Olsen down and Hicks still learning the system and developing, he is in by default until Olsen returns

Now that can't quite be right. Hicks has been here long enough to learn the system and yet he didn't even make the roster. There are other guys still available. Jake Scott(whom everybody seems to love even though not a single team in the NFL seem to agree right now) Chris kemoeatu, Duece Lutai. all still out there and probably cheap and yet the Colts haven't reached out to any of them. Also McGlynn has been penciled in as the starter since day 1. Not Olsen, to my knowledge, Olsen isn't even injured and BTW Olsen wasn't good either in the preseason.