Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Levis vs Richardson

lennymoore24

I had mixed feelings watching Will Levis dicing up the Atlanta defense. I was very happy for the guy. Seems like a great guy from a great family.  He has huge, accurate arm, with nice touch. He also can run pretty well.  But I was bummed because I still feel he was a MUCH better pick than Richardson, who is a gloried runningback with a big arm.  I think the Colts too much at Jalen Hurts and thought Richardson can be Hurts. But Hurts is playing with a team that is good at every position.   Guys like Richardson and Mitch Trubisky drive me crazy.  

Anyways, my only hope is that we just get lucky and draft a QB next year after the first round expect that player to be a backup to Richardson but that QB becomes out true #1. Kind of what Brock Purdy did to Trey Lance.  Lance, incidently, was a much better passing version of Richardson.  But we need to get a QB who has multiple years starting experience, who is a better thrower than runner, and we will be fine. Of course, I am a Minshew fan, so if he came back, I am fine with that. Cracks me up when some of you say "Minshew is a good backup. Richardson is our franchise QB". Based on what?  Because I Richardson was drafted high, he is a franchise QB? I guess that would make JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf franchise QBs too, huh?  Minshew started for the good part of two years in Jacksonville on really bad teams and put up great numbers. They didn't win much. But when Lawrence played the next year with the same cast, basically, he did worse.  And then Minshew goes to Philly where they had already decided Hurts was their QB, so he never had a chance to win the starting job.  Colts are like #6 in offense. Minshews passing and running is NOT the problem. Sure, has has to hold on the ball, but you can't play with the defense that gives up 35 points a game and expect to win.