Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Random and way too early quick hits on teams this year

jonjon

BUF:  The media darlings to make never mind win the SB (not named the Patriots) almost never do. They should be strong but someone will upend them.

NYJ: I don't see how they can't improve with all the talent they've brought in, but it's the Jets; they'll find a way to muck it up. Max 6-7 wins, maybe 8 if a miracle occurs. 

NE: They will regress; sophomore slump for Jones and I predict miss the playoffs. 

MIA: I like them as a playoff team and spoiler as Tua improves but no more. Might be the team that knocks BUF out?

PIT: Rebuilding obviously. Expect a pretty high draft pick next year.

CLE: The Watson thing will be a mess and they will have their moments but again disappoint and implode. It's what the Browns do.

CIN: Return to the SB would not surprise me and if not they'll at least get to the AFC title game.

BAL: Another SB contender if they stay healthy and I think they will. SB would not surprise me.

TEN: Losing AJ Brown was huge but they have enough talent to be competitive. They could win a weaker division but won't go far.

IND: Is Ryan about to hit the wall? If not, this is roughly a wild card-level team IMO. Could be a spoiler like MIA but not good enough to go far in the playoffs if they make it. (OK go ahead and boo lol) 

JAX: Improved talent and a legit coach will get some more wins, but they aren't playoff caliber yet. 

HOU: Mills is the key. Is he legit? If so, they could make some noise, but also not playoff caliber. If he isn't, hello high draft pick and eyeing the top QBs there.

KC: SB contender despite losing Hill. They might not have a WR "star" but the crew overall is better. 

LAR: Another SB contender IMO. Adams is a difference maker and I like the O this year. How the D performs is key.

LAC: Playoff team caliber easy, but in this tough division, do they have enough? I'm not convinced. They probably slide into a WC slot but don't go too far. 

DEN: Hard to gauge. Wilson obviously makes a huge diff but he's getting up there and there are a lot of unproven unknowns. Another WC contender kind of team.

DAL: IMO this is like the Browns of the NFC. Considerable talent but can't put it together. They may win a weak division but not go far. 

WAS: They may surprise some people but no more than a wild card team if that. 

PHI: I like what they've done but I'm not sold on Hurts. Potential playoff spoiler team.

NYG: I like what they've done too, but I'm not sold on nearly anything about this hopeless team. 5-6 win territory and the Jones era is over and Barkley may go too. 

MIN: This team seems hopelessly mired in mediocrity every year give or take. Playoffs and an early exit at most. 

DET: IMO Campbell is already one of the best coaches they've ever had (OK that's not saying much). If guys like Hutchinson and WR Williams pan out - and they get a legit QB next year - the future looks bright. But playing spoiler is the most they can hope for with Goff. 7-8 wins at most, probably less. but it's a team nobody wants to play.

CHI: An improved D but anemic O dooms them to a weak season. Is Fields legit? With the lack of weapons he has, we still won't know this year.

GB: A ravaged WR corps and only an "athletic" rookie to replace it doomed this team. What horrible team management. With Rodgers they will still have their moments, but no and I mean absolutely bet the house no way do they sniff the SB.

TB: It's Brady. Arguably the weakest division in the NFL for this charmed QB in the weak NFC. Hello SB. I hate life.

NO: People are underestimating Winston IMO. He was doing great until getting hurt last year. Better weapons this year means they should be in the mix. 

CAR: What a total mess. Hello high 2023 draft pick.

ATL: See CAR. 

SEA: See ATL.

SF: I'm not sold on Lance. I think they miss the playoffs.

LAR: The only threat to TB but the odds of doing it two years in a row are silly. I predict a key injury or two mucks up their season much like it did when they played NE in the SB. 

AZ: With Murray under contact, they have possibilities, but far from convinced they won't choke again. Unless of course they play the Rams in the playoffs and since the Rams are the only true threat to TB, they could upset them and hand the SB to TB. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:49 PM, jonjon said:

MIN: This team seems hopelessly mired in mediocrity every year give or take. Playoffs and an early exit at most. 

Yep. Making the playoffs and losing is frustrating. I would like the Vikes to go the route of the Bengals. Get a #1 draft pick and draft a top QB. I know it does not guarantee a Super Bowl but it gives me more hope than going with a high-priced QB taking up 20% or more of the cap. 

TB: It's Brady. Arguably the weakest division in the NFL for this charmed QB in the weak NFC. Hello SB. I hate life.

You see a Tampa Bay and Cincy Super Bowl?

BUF:  The media darlings to make never mind win the SB (not named the Patriots) almost never do. They should be strong but someone will upend them.

I would like to see them make the Super Bowl and win. 

56 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yep. Making the playoffs and losing is frustrating. I would like the Vikes to go the route of the Bengals. Get a #1 draft pick and draft a top QB. I know it does not guarantee a Super Bowl but it gives me more hope than going with a high-priced QB taking up 20% or more of the cap. 

You see a Tampa Bay and Cincy Super Bowl?

Yeah. Of course anything is possible, but IMO the most likely. 

Archived