Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Pat McAfee Show and FanDuel New Deal

aReggie7

1 hour ago, ar7 said:

$30 million per year? Wow. Great to see McAfee do so well in his post NFL playing career. 

I’m reading it and I don’t believe it.   Anyone know how many listeners and/or viewers Pat’s show has?

You'd think that number would have to be huge in order to get $30 mill per.   It might be more believable if Pat is getting $30 mill for  3-4 years.   

Put another way,  I don’t think Dan Patrick makes that kind of money.   Same with Rich Eisen.    Something doesn’t add up here….

Just saying….

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m reading it and I don’t believe it.   Anyone know how many listeners and/or viewers Pat’s show has?

You'd think that number would have to be huge in order to get $30 mill per.   It might be more believable if Pat is getting $30 mill for  3-4 years.   

Put another way,  I don’t think Dan Patrick makes that kind of money.   Same with Rich Eisen.    Something doesn’t add up here….

Just saying….

Unless the 30 million is to the show as a whole and not just Pat?

57 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just saying….

The number does seem high but his show daily has around 200K views and usually 30-50k live watchers just on YouTube. He's also on Sirius XM, not sure of those numbers. 

I think the real money maker for FanDuel is that they're the exclusive betting partner for the show. Pat and his team usually weave in quite a bit of sports betting talk into the show. I wonder how much money FanDuel pulls in simply on Pat's super boosts (people bet on these I'm sure without even listening to the show). 

Regardless of the figures, happy for the guy. Followed his heart and it's working out for him. I will say, his show while not for everyone is a hell of a lot more entertaining than the scripted hot takes shows you see on any other network. Definitely feels more like you're just sitting around talking sports with some buddies. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just saying….

Not sure about the listeners/viewerships for his show or how you measure that in the current landscape. I think the main way people listen to his show is YouTube but I believe they are still on Sirus XM. Plus, they also have podcasts on at least the main platforms like Apple and Spotify. Plus you have to factor in video viewership from whatever they post on other platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

One big difference between McAfee and Patrick/Eisen is that McAfee is the owner of his show/company. (at least as far as I know) When he first started he was part of the Barstool network but then he went independent as his own company a few years ago.  

I remember on the first night of the draft his live YouTube show was getting some big viewership and they worked out a sponsorship with Seatgeek (I think) in real time. 

$30 million does still seem like a lot though.

I want to be clear about this....

I like Pat,  and no matter what the number is,  he's a big, BIG winner.     A guy like him could have remained small and regional.     And he's not.    He'w grown and quickly.    He's built a really nice brand for himself.    Good for him!

More power to him.    Mine was just a knee jerk reaction (yeah, I know,  emphasis on the jerk part!)  to what seems like a strange, crazy number.    To be honest,  some of this new media has passed me by.    But the number just jumped out at me.

I hope others here will chime in and offer up their observations...

On 12/9/2021 at 5:35 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I want to be clear about this....

I like Pat,  and no matter what the number is,  he's a big, BIG winner.     A guy like him could have remained small and regional.     And he's not.    He'w grown and quickly.    He's built a really nice brand for himself.    Good for him!

More power to him.    Mine was just a knee jerk reaction (yeah, I know,  emphasis on the jerk part!)  to what seems like a strange, crazy number.    To be honest,  some of this new media has passed me by.    But the number just jumped out at me.

I hope others here will chime in and offer up their observations...

It's a sponsorship.    He will need to pay everyone on his staff, business expenses,  among other things with that money as well.     It's a huge number.   Fandual must really like the sports gambling aspect of his show

Archived