Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning/luck

betheafan41

I noticed how some people try to get the topic off the two, which i dont blame them. it is getting old. I know everyone is anxious to find out whats going to happen with Manning. and some are excited about Luck more then likely being a Colt come April. but us fans are getting as bad as ESPN, or the NFL network or any sort of press for that matter by talking about it so much. when really we should be talking about....

1) who can we draft out of Free Agency and can the colts afford it?

2) who should be taken with picks 2 through 7?

3) can there be anyone the colts can trade for a late draft pick or to sign someone off of free agency?

4) who gets cut and who dont get cut

5) the colts big free agents (wayne,mathis,garcon,saturday) who do we keep, who walks and why?

6) will a 3-4 defense be better suited in the AFC or should the colts really think about staying at a 4-3 defense? and why?

7) the new OC likes to run a WC offense apparently but wants to get the run game more involved, is there a FA the colts can go after and afford?

8) what can the colts do about their special teams?

anything other then manning and luck because that starts up arguments and although everyone is entitled to their own opinion no one can come up with the one perfect answer on why manning should or should not stay as a colt and why luck should or should not be drafted and it starts the bickering. so why not just be quiet about it, let it play out and see what happens. to me the option should not have been mentioned publicly until a day or two before the deadline. should have been kept quiet, but with the press its hard to keep things in house.

IMO

1) I doubt the money will be there for the Colts to make much of a splash in free agency this year. I just don't see it, maybe Grigson is a wiz with numbers and can make some things happen but I'm doubtful that they'll be able to snag anybody of note.

2) It's hard to say who should be taken unless you are talking about position wise and not players by name. It's also hard to say who or what because we have no idea how many of our free agents will be back, so we don't really know what will be the greatest need just yet. The D-line, O-line, and secondary are good jumping off places.

3) The Colts best trade bait is probably Clark, but after a cpl seasons of injuries, a high price tag, and sub-par play last season you probably won't get a whole lot for him.

4) You can start with the obvious ones like Painter & Gonzalez, then move on to speculation like Brackett and possibly Bullitt

5) Our big free agents you try to keep Mathis, Garcon, and Saturday. Wayne will want too much money for us to be able to afford him, some other team will pay him.

6) The Texans did pretty darn good this year switching to the 3-4, so it can definitely work in the AFC, but our personnel might not allow us to run a 3-4 all the time, I see a hybrid in store for our D

7) Once again don't know what money we have to score a FA, have to see how things play out with you know who first.

8) Anything should be an improvement on ST, hopefully by getting a new ST coach they can turn it around and not be one of the worst year after year.

Once again all of these are just my opinions, take them as you want.

IMO

1) I doubt the money will be there for the Colts to make much of a splash in free agency this year. I just don't see it, maybe Grigson is a wiz with numbers and can make some things happen but I'm doubtful that they'll be able to snag anybody of note.

2) It's hard to say who should be taken unless you are talking about position wise and not players by name. It's also hard to say who or what because we have no idea how many of our free agents will be back, so we don't really know what will be the greatest need just yet. The D-line, O-line, and secondary are good jumping off places.

3) The Colts best trade bait is probably Clark, but after a cpl seasons of injuries, a high price tag, and sub-par play last season you probably won't get a whole lot for him.

4) You can start with the obvious ones like Painter & Gonzalez, then move on to speculation like Brackett and possibly Bullitt

5) Our big free agents you try to keep Mathis, Garcon, and Saturday. Wayne will want too much money for us to be able to afford him, some other team will pay him.

6) The Texans did pretty darn good this year switching to the 3-4, so it can definitely work in the AFC, but our personnel might not allow us to run a 3-4 all the time, I see a hybrid in store for our D

7) Once again don't know what money we have to score a FA, have to see how things play out with you know who first.

8) Anything should be an improvement on ST, hopefully by getting a new ST coach they can turn it around and not be one of the worst year after year.

Once again all of these are just my opinions, take them as you want.

oh no thats what i wanted is opinions lol. i dont judge peoples opinions again everyone has their own and to me everyones sounds good.