Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trey Hendrickson

Anybody else look at this guy's tape? He had a good combine, I looked at a couple of his games (Florida 2015 and Shine Game 2016). I don't see a 12+ sack per year guy at the next level or anything but I think with proper coaching maybe he could be an 8 sack per year type of rusher with the right coaching, scheme, and development. He's athletic, really good in pursuit (I love his tackle radius), and has good footwork firing out of his stance. He's been good at forcing turnovers and reportedly a standout on special teams. He can get swallowed up a little more that you'd like to see for sure, and his sometimes he has trouble shedding O-linemen who get good position on him. But I think he could be flying a little under the radar. With shorter arms for an edge guy (32") he may be a guy that drops a little for 4-3 teams who arm big on those metrics and having length off of the edge. 

Like to know if anyone else has opinions on the guy, and where they think his value is? I think he's a day 2 kind of guy, who could be a really nice grab for our team if he's on the board in round 3. 

Skinny legs and short arms. Struggles to set a solid edge. Has good size but isn't a physical monster. Has decent speed off the edge but doesn't utilise it well enough to get those quick win sacks and TFLs. 

I cant see him being a starter but he might someday be a decent rotational guy for someone. Not for us though.