Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFLs Best GMs in 2015

amfootball

It's only hypocritical if you pretend that you didn't like the move all along. If you acknowledge that you were wrong, too, then it's different. I posted a poll after the Richardson trade, and it was overwhelmingly in favor of the trade. Now everyone is using that trade as anti-Grigson ammo, and I find that a little disingenuous. I didn't like giving up a first, but I think everyone was excited about adding the player.

In any event, I don't think the Hughes trade was a good one, but I don't think it was a football move. This is complete speculation, but it feels like there was stuff behind the scenes that precipitated the trade. I think we probably could have done better than Sheppard, even a mid to late round pick, so I don't think the trade was good. But I also think it could have been a "trade or cut" situation, in which case Sheppard was better than nothing.

I didn't like the Richardson trade because I thought we gave up too much.  But to be perfectly honest I would have given up a 2nd for him back when the trade happened.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not lobbying for Grigson ahead of Elway but more nitpicking on the respective write-ups for each. I did not expect the comment to spiral into all these posts with NCF and you but overall Elway has been doing a better job no doubt but I do think Grigson is low on the list as well.

In terms of Fox, I was vocal from the out set that I thought Fox was a bad match for Manning given his football philosophy and conservative approach. Because Elway was so bent on win the Super Bowl now, I think he needed to find a better match for Manning but in fairness, I am not even sure who was even available back in 2012. I also think Elway should have fired him after the Super Bowl. It was clear then just how upset Elway was with him and the team and I think that hurt the team last year especially heading into the post-season when everything came to a head.

Fox predated Manning. He was hired in 2011. He wasn't brought in as a match for Manning.