Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Tosses Two TDs

amfootball

You are wrong. He played against the starters in the first half after Brady exited.

"Second-round pick Jimmy Garoppolo got the call, playing with remnants of the first offense against the first stringers with the Eagles after an Ifeanyi Momah fumble on the Eagles’ first offensive play of the night. The rookie went 2-for-2 on the drive, including a 15-yard touchdown pass to fullback James Develin."

"There are multiple possible reasons for why Garoppolo played ahead of Mallett, including the desire to see him against a starting defense and the fact that Mallett missed practice time this week with a knee injury."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/jimmy-garoppolo-follows-tom-brady/

From your attached link..."Chances are that Bill Belichick, who drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty earlier in the first quarter."  Why did BB get that call against him anyway? Did he swear at 1 of the zebras or something? It's not like he walked onto the field of play & interfered with a live formation or something like that. Okay, I'm done complaining now. 

There were a lot of ridiculous penalties called in that game. I know that referees need preseason games to knock their own rust off but jesus some of those calls were insane to me. JMO. 

I'm just defending against you saying it was the first team defense. It was not. At least 4 backups were in, I didn't do an in depth look at the Eagles depth chart or anything, it could be as many as 8 backups in the game. 

You're calling it the 1's, I'm simply saying, that it was not the 1's. 

I get what you saying and I was not inferring that it was the starting 11 as like I said no team is starting all 11 on either side of the ball and if they are it is just for a series or two. The thing with Jimmy is vs the Skins he played against 2s and 3's. 3's primarily and looked very good. They had him start second after Brady vs the Eagles primarily to give him reps against the Eagles starters. There were 1s out there which he did not play against vs the Skins and yet again he looked very impressive. I agree with you that it is still early but the results thus far have been impressive and encouraging. The Pats have not had a back up look as good as him since the Brady era began.