Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Think Dan Orlovsky Should Just Walk Away - Bad Juju For Him

Colts'n'PacersRock

2 Things - This assumes Dan Orlovsky gets the nod to start at some point AND the Colts never pull out a win this year.

I'm NOT saying either would happen, but wow would this suck for Dan:

Found this Indystar article about the current debacle and there was a bit about the year the Lions went 0-16 Dan was the starting quarterback for seven of those games. If I were Dan, I would just walk away. No way would I want to be known as one of the starting quarterbacks for the ONLY two 0-16 teams!

Orlovsky has started seven games during his seven-year career. All came with Detroit in 2008 when the Lions became the only team in NFL history to finish 0-16.

Link

Perhaps we need an exorcism or something.

Or an unconditional release anyway.

Anything but starting the guy. Not only do I have no confidence in his ability, but the thought of him playing out the string to another 0-16 finish is just cruel.

2 Things - This assumes Dan Orlovsky gets the nod to start at some point AND the Colts never pull out a win this year.

I'm NOT saying either would happen, but wow would this suck for Dan:

Found this Indystar article about the current debacle and there was a bit about the year the Lions went 0-16 Dan was the starting quarterback for seven of those games. If I were Dan, I would just walk away. No way would I want to be known as one of the starting quarterbacks for the ONLY two 0-16 teams!

Link

We've got to win one to save this man's soul :evil:

I don't really follow the Colts or the AFC, but I needed to ask the Colts fans, why not call Jim Sorgi? He was in this system for years and always put up decent numbers for you guys. Not Manning numbers, but guys who put up Manning numbers are already busy on Sundays.

A. He was hurt and his career ended

B. When did he ever play in a real game and put up decent numbers?

Perhaps we need an exorcism or something.

Or an unconditional release anyway.

Anything but starting the guy. Not only do I have no confidence in his ability, but the thought of him playing out the string to another 0-16 finish is just cruel.

we have to accept that he's better than Curtis Painter right now...

Its obvious.

Jacksonville (3-7) was too much talent for Curtis. Think about it..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You think the Ed Dodds you see in edited clips here is the same as the Ed Dodds who interviews with teams?   I don’t know you or anyone would think that?      He’s very much respected around the NFL which is why multiple teams ask to interview with them most every year. 
    • Round 1 - #15 A. Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas B. Brian Thomas, WR, LSU C. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia   Round 2 - #46  A. Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M B. Marshall Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan C. Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State   Round 3 - #82 A. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon B. Darius Robinson, DE/DT, Missouri C. Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State   Round 4 - #117 A. Jalyx Hunt, DE, Houston Christian B. Mason McCormick, OG, South Dakota State C. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia   Round 5 - #151 A. Beaux Limmer, OC, Arkansas B. Tanor Bortolini, OC, Wisconsin C. Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville   Round 6 - #191 A. Decamerion Richardson, CB, Mississippi State B. Qwan'tez Stiggers, CB, Toronto C. Nick Gargiulo, OC, South Carolina   Round 7 - #234 A. Millard Bradford, SS, TCU B. Mark Perry, FS, TCU C. Dalton Tucker, OG, Marshall   BONUS: Will the Colts trade the #15 pick this year?  A: Yes, they will trade back.  
    • Yeah... Richardson needs players who can separate and who can get open deep. IMO "give the inaccurate QB a contested catch receiver with large catch radius" is one of the tropes that hasn't proven to work well. Contested catches have about 50-55% success rate even with the best of contested catch receivers and with relatively accurate QBs... now if you think AR's accuracy is not good, drop that rate even more. The best way to give a relatively inaccurate QB better chance to complete passes is to give him a WR who separates and and who is open so the QB would have more of a margin for error to throw the ball a little behind or ahead or a little higher or lower than ideal. (we are not talking about uncatchable balls here... those will be uncatchable for anyone really). In that regard, one thing I would agree about is - we need WRs who have good hands and have good ball skills.   And this is ignoring that AR has indeed been pretty good with his accuracy on passes at intermediate and long range. His biggest problem coming into the league was the short stuff and he was already showing improvements in that deparment before he got injured.    And Worthy is the WR who created the most separation from anybody in this draft :   
    • Richardson  accuracy  on deep balls is his strength.  Hence why you pair an elite deep threat in worthy.
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,241

• pgt_rob

pgt_rob 1,041

• Dark Superman

Dark Superman 1,778

• Nate!

Nate! 588

• Behle

Behle 102

• superrep1967