Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Moving up draft day trades I can see happening for playoff teams

Just wanted to start a thread on which teams from last year's playoffs that you folks see being aggressive on draft day trying to move up.

My gut feeling says that the 49ers move up to the high teens to get Brandin Cooks, the burner WR they have always wanted. They have the draft pick arsenal to do so. They failed in their quest for DJax but this is one move I can definitely see them making. They did so for Eric Reid last year, I think they do so for a WR this year.

Any other playoff teams that you guys can think of with a reasoning?

I'm praying the Colts try to move up and get Calvin Pryor he would be an amazing pick but we'll have to trade into the top 15 or 16 picks

If anything, I'm really hoping we don't move up.  I believe we only have 6 picks in this draft and I don't want us to give away future picks, so I don't want to see us move up.  Given how many people are raving that the draft is deep with talent, I say stay where we are.

As for what teams I can see trading up, San Fran comes to mind simply because they have so many draft picks.  The Jets and Rams also have 12 picks each, so they could do some movement around the board.  And we all know how Belichick loves to move up and down the board during the draft