Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pete Carroll

krunk

Don't you think Manning actually enjoys carrying the load? Going to Seattle or SF he's probably having another ring by now, but more than just winning I think he likes to win in his own way, which is not always welcomed everywhere especially for coach with strong personality. Don't you think Mike McCoy going to San Diego also wants to prove sth.?

I think they just talked about the recruiting, but both sides knew it was not serious. Remember Carroll said when he received Manning's call (isn't it strange for the interviewee to be called?) he was asked by Manning what plan Seahawks had for him and Carroll didn't know at the point.

Highly doubt it. Manning can't put his ego in check for the TEAM. I called EXACTLY how this game was going to go in another thread. Seattle openly, as have A LOT of other teams in previous games in his career, invited him to run the ball. Seattle consistently dropped 7 into coverage because they KNEW he wouldn't hand the ball off, but would end up trying to throw all over them and they feasted all over it. Manning did nothing but help dig them into a deeper hole with the consistent failed drives.

No, it wasn't all Manning's fault, but as hurt as their defense was, the worst thing that could happen was to have failed drive, after failed drive, and keep putting that defense back on the field.

Seattle and San Fran don't need a QB like that to win, obviously. Manning would have probably done more harm to those two teams than help them. Defenses know he can't just sit back and let the game come to him. Everything has to be made so much more difficult.

Just my opinion...

Highly doubt it. Manning can't put his ego in check for the TEAM. I called EXACTLY how this game was going to go in another thread. Seattle openly, as have A LOT of other teams in previous games in his career, invited him to run the ball. Seattle consistently dropped 7 into coverage because they KNEW he wouldn't hand the ball off, but would end up trying to throw all over them and they feasted all over it. Manning did nothing but help dig them into a deeper hole with the consistent failed drives.

No, it wasn't all Manning's fault, but as hurt as their defense was, the worst thing that could happen was to have failed drive, after failed drive, and keep putting that defense back on the field.

Seattle and San Fran don't need a QB like that to win, obviously. Manning would have probably done more harm to those two teams than help them. Defenses know he can't just sit back and let the game come to him. Everything has to be made so much more difficult.

Just my opinion...

Actually a failed drive is not that big a deal if it ends up with a punt. Instead Manning tossed the ball into the opponent's hands and gave up a TD or gave the defense short field. They tried to run a little bit but found Seattle with 7-men front was not as soft as Patriots, so they gave up. But as good as Seattle's front 7, their secondary is even better. Teams have beaten Seattle by committing to the run, while Manning simply wanted to carry the load. Poor decision and a disastrous game mostly on him.