Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon

IndyTrav

"He was playing next to maybe the best QB of all time. No one was probably expecting the Colts to run much lol. Especially with Marvin and Reggie on the outside."

It doesn't seem you've done much because nothing in this statement is true at all. For staters Reggie was a Junior in college.

I don't think we were going back that far in the argument, but suit yourself.  You are correct.

I don't think we were going back that far in the argument, but suit yourself.  You are correct.

My whole point was you are trying to draw a conclusion Edge succeeded because he was next to these great players. Which isn't the truth at all.

Marvin and Peyton were just beginning, and the line? You probably know who Glenn is, and maybe, maybe Meadows. Moore, Jackson and McKinney were average at best. 

Good backs like Edge can perform no matter the circumstances. The line excuse is getting old on these forums. Edge was as much a threat to opposing teams just as much as Peyton back then, maybe more to some.

The new Herman Moore.

Moore put up decent numbers too with all those busts in Detroit throwing the ball to him back in the Barry Sanders days.

Awesome comparison. I loved Herman Moore. If im not mistaken, Marvin got his single season Rec. record from Moore. 

Moore had such an amazing stretech of years until the injuries piled up and he was never the same. 3 AP seasons in an era with some pretty amazing WR is pretty special.....