• Dwayne Bowe
  • Torey Smith
  • Pierre Garcon

• Antonio Gates
  • Zach Sudfeld

• Shane Graham

• Cincinnati Bengals
  • Denver Broncos

So my league plays 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 WR/RB Flex and i have no idea who to play at the flex position. Obviously Martin and McCoy is a solid tandem at RB and Julio Jones + Eric Decker is solid too but should i play Ridley at the flex or Torey Smith/Dwayne Bowe?

How did someone let McCoy slide so much in a snake draft for you to get both Doug Martin and McCoy and then Ridley? Do you just have 6 teams or what?

Your team is good from top to bottom, IMO.

It's just an 8 man league with a few of my friends that are very casual NFL fans. To give you an idea of what I'm up against, Phillip Rivers was drafted in the first round. The New York Giants D went pretty early on too...

It's just an 8 man league with a few of my friends that are very casual NFL fans. To give you an idea of what I'm up against, Phillip Rivers was drafted in the first round. The New York Giants D went pretty early on too...

I guess your draft must have been like stealing candy from a baby... :)

Something like that!

So what's your take on my flex conundrum? Is Ridley going to get me more points or will Torey Smith/Dwayne Bowe?

Hands down Ridley, till you play the Steelers or Ravens that are hard to run on. Keep an eye on the status of those 2 teams' run D and if they are not beastly as they have been in the past, continue playing Ridley.

Hands down Ridley, till you play the Steelers or Ravens that are hard to run on. Keep an eye on the status of those 2 teams' run D and if they are not beastly as they have been in the past, continue playing Ridley.

Ok. Thanks for the input.

In that case, since I'll only be playing 2 receivers, I could try to get another top 5 receiver like A.J Green or Dez Bryant and trade away two of the following three: Decker, Smith, Bowe. Or maybe pair one up with Antonio Gates for Jimmy Graham.

• Robert Griffin III
  • Matthew Stafford

• Doug Martin
  • LeSean McCoy
  • Steven Ridley

• Julio Jones
  • Eric Decker
  • Dwayne Bowe
  • Torey Smith
  • Pierre Garcon

• Antonio Gates
  • Zach Sudfeld

• Shane Graham

• Cincinnati Bengals
  • Denver Broncos

So my league plays 2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 WR/RB Flex and i have no idea who to play at the flex position. Obviously Martin and McCoy is a solid tandem at RB and Julio Jones + Eric Decker is solid too but should i play Ridley at the flex or Torey Smith/Dwayne Bowe?

Typically when you don't know what else to do, start the RB if he's getting 15-20 carries a game.  If he's getting less than that, then you're really just hoping for a home run, in which case, Ridley, Smith, and Bowe are all good at.  But if it helps settle the debate for you for at least the first couple of weeks, check this stat out according to Matthew Berry's love/hate article.  "Last season, the Patriots had more rushing touchdowns than anyone else in the NFL. That's rushing touchdowns. And that's not a fluke. Over the past three years, no other team in the NFL has more rushing touchdowns or rushing attempts inside an opponent's 10-yard line than the New England Patriots.http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/NFLDK2K13_TMR130808_Lovehate/matthew-berry-love-hate-sleepers-busts-2013-fantasy-football-season

At least you'll feel reasonably confident for the first couple of weeks, and then you'll be able gauge your feelings on Bowe and Smith (or any other player for that matter) and at least feel confident in who you start.  You'll never feel 100% confident in anyone, though.  Just the nature of hte beast.

Typically when you don't know what else to do, start the RB if he's getting 15-20 carries a game.  If he's getting less than that, then you're really just hoping for a home run, in which case, Ridley, Smith, and Bowe are all good at.  But if it helps settle the debate for you for at least the first couple of weeks, check this stat out according to Matthew Berry's love/hate article.  "Last season, the Patriots had more rushing touchdowns than anyone else in the NFL. That's rushing touchdowns. And that's not a fluke. Over the past three years, no other team in the NFL has more rushing touchdowns or rushing attempts inside an opponent's 10-yard line than the New England Patriots.http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/NFLDK2K13_TMR130808_Lovehate/matthew-berry-love-hate-sleepers-busts-2013-fantasy-football-season

At least you'll feel reasonably confident for the first couple of weeks, and then you'll be able gauge your feelings on Bowe and Smith (or any other player for that matter) and at least feel confident in who you start.  You'll never feel 100% confident in anyone, though.  Just the nature of hte beast.

Thanks for the advice!

Ridley is someone I've targeted for that reason. Plus, the Pats are likely to lean even more heavily on the run game now that they have lost so many weapons offensively. 

I'll start Ridley out in the flex and see how i go.

Cheers.