Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's put this to bed. Give me Andrew Luck.

dutchff7

Either way, people are still going to compare to last year as far as what they believe will/should improve, what they believe will be different scheme and play calling wise etc etc. There are always going to be comparisons relevant to last season. To say last year has no relative effect or place in regards to football discussion for the upcoming year is beyond naive. If that's the case, no one would have predictions because that's purely based off last year (and also offseason acquistions). There would be no power rankings and other things of the sort. Your comment makes no sense. Last year may be in the books, but it's the only substance of football material we can go off of until the next season.

I think you're both right. The prior season is indeed all we have to go on, but we also have to factor in the new pieces and installation of the new offense when discussing how effective the team will be next season. So I call for a compromise. :D

I like this breakdown, very detailed.  Its somewhat slanted in Luck's favor, but that's okay with me ;)  The only negative about Luck is that he led the NFL in turnovers, but that's because he had to fling it downfield while running for his life.  I expect those INTs to come way down next year.  Luck has the potential to be a top 5 QB this season if the line will give him time to throw the ball.

I don't believe Kaep deserves as much credit as he's been getting because he only played half the season.  the guy is a stud, but he took over a 6-2 football team at the time.  Kaep has the strongest arm in the NFL, and sometimes I think he throws it too hard.

Wilson was drafted so much later than Luck and Griffin, I almost give him the most credit as he wasn't even expected to start last year.  Wilson makes good decisions and hardly ever turns it over.  He seems to be a natural leader, and he led my fantasy football team to the superbowl :)

The stat window shows that RG3 is the worst of all rookie QBs on first down, but the Redskins led the NFL in yards per play on 1st and 2nd down, so that's kind of a wash.  Griffin also had the 2nd best TD/INT ratio in the NFL last year, 20/5.  He needs to stop running around so much, which I'm sure he's thought long and hard about this off-season as his knee heals. 

I know its off-season so there isn't much to talk about, and everybody gets all frenzied over stat comparisons, QB rankings, power rankings, etc.  Frankly, all I care about is playoff wins, and rings.  As of right now, our guy has 0.  Wilson has 1 and Kaep has 2.  I look forward to Luck racking up playoff wins in the very near future.