Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Question

patsallday

considering picking up texans defense this weekend. might be a good play.

my other option is cowboys d against sanchez and the jets.

possibly browns against the bengals, but it seems like those battle of ohio games can be quite unpredictable.

i like playing matchups when it comes to FF defenses, but opening weekend is always tough.

any ideas??

Yea, the first match of the week is always the toughest. It's impossible to predict what will happen, especially coming off a lockout.

The Houston defense seems tempting, but I would go with the safer pick of the Cowboys defense versus the Jets. The Jets are mediocre at best when it comes to scoring, especially in the endzone, although they brought in Tom Moore to rectify that, so we'll see. I don't like the Houston defense because there are too many variables:

1.) New season

2.) Off a lockout

3.) New defensive coordinator

4.) New defensive scheme (I commend Wade Phillips for fooling us into thinking the 3-4 was implemented so flawlessly during preseason)

5.) Kerry Collins is not a bad quarterback. Yes, historically he is bad his first few games with new teams, but with the Colts, he has much more weapons.

I just don't have any faith in Mark Sanchez to score much, if any. The Cowboys may be a laughing stock with Tony Romo, but you can't deny their ability to blitz and rush the passer, especially with DeMarcus Ware.

Personally, I don't like predicting defensive match-ups, so I just picked the Jets in one league and the Bears in another. Problem solved :).

Edit: I just found out Dallas gave up the 2nd most points in the league last season. You're on your own man, lol.

Yea, the first match of the week is always the toughest. It's impossible to predict what will happen, especially coming off a lockout.

The Houston defense seems tempting, but I would go with the safer pick of the Cowboys defense versus the Jets. The Jets are mediocre at best when it comes to scoring, especially in the endzone, although they brought in Tom Moore to rectify that, so we'll see. I don't like the Houston defense because there are too many variables:

1.) New season

2.) Off a lockout

3.) New defensive coordinator

4.) New defensive scheme (I commend Wade Phillips for fooling us into thinking the 3-4 was implemented so flawlessly during preseason)

5.) Kerry Collins is not a bad quarterback. Yes, historically he is bad his first few games with new teams, but with the Colts, he has much more weapons.

I just don't have any faith in Mark Sanchez to score much, if any. The Cowboys may be a laughing stock with Tony Romo, but you can't deny their ability to blitz and rush the passer, especially with DeMarcus Ware.

Personally, I don't like predicting defensive match-ups, so I just picked the Jets in one league and the Bears in another. Problem solved :).

Edit: I just found out Dallas gave up the 2nd most points in the league last season. You're on your own man, lol.

lol.

i guess i'm going with browns against cincy.

god help me.