Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erlinger’s replacement

49 minutes ago, Dark Superman said:

You do realize Joe Flacco was signed to be the backup. There's no competition between him and Ehlinger. Ehlinger will be battling for a roster spot against Slovis and Bean.

100% agree with this take. That said, I have never been a fan of Ehlinger. He had a good story, and he has been given more than a generous amount of time to earn his keep. Not even sure why he’s still on the roster…

Time for Slovis and Bean to show whether or not they can be future backup options. Nothing more, nothing less… Hopefully we find a Jim Sorgi who can keep us competitive in preseason and blowouts, while being likable in the process. These aren’t the battles to make or break the season. These battles do however turn the dial 1% to better. They matter, but they don’t determine the outcome of the season. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:24 PM, MikeCurtis said:

On opinion from the peanut gallery

Sam E is going into year 3

If he was practicing well and had command of this offense I don’t think we are spending the cash on a vet to back up AR

Im not sure that he will ever be someone to turn the team over to 

IMHO I hope the 2 QBs that we brought in as udfas get a true competition against Sam E

Mike?   Sam was drafted in 2021.   So he is going into his 4th and final year of his rookie contract.   Not his 3rd year.   

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mike?   Sam was drafted in 2021.   So he is going into his 4th and final year of his rookie contract.   Not his 3rd year.   

Yikes.   You are correct. 

Any way…..  IMHO if our QB3 hasn’t shown enough by year 4 to be QB2, it’s probably time to reload

7 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Yikes.   You are correct. 

Any way…..  IMHO if our QB3 hasn’t shown enough by year 4 to be QB2, it’s probably time to reload

Hey, no worries.  I’ve made the same mistake plenty of times.  

As for our competition for QB3?  I don’t pretend to know which way Steichen is leaning….   Sam or Slovis?   There are good arguments for both. 

• Like 1