Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Demarcus Walker (Edge Scout #11) Beast

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/demarcus-walker-vs-florida-2016-2/

Okay, This guys is good.

I'm gonna hit his negatives first, because they are what pooped up to me first.

-This dude is slow. But he is heavy. I heard an announcer say he is 280lbs.

-He's not gonna be chasing down any Marcus Mariotas in the backfield.

- he not gonns set the edge against a speedster.

- I would not put this guy on the Edge, he is more of a Pure DE, but hey, you can try. Lets see what he weighs in and runs tomorrow at the combine.

Okay, not the fun part.

This guys has hands down the best swim move in the entire draft. He uses his power and size to his full advantage to swiftly circumvent any single blocker in front of him.

He can play any position on the line, with equal efficiency. Over the nose guard, over the RT, Over the LT

Has good field awareness an does a good job tracking runs to the inside. Does a okay job tracking runs to his outside, but doesn't have to speed to do much about it most of the time.

Does not waste time hand slapping with O-Linemen and quickly disposes of him, when an opportunity to make a tackle presents itself.

When he does swim, it's not just a regular pass rush. I good time swim move means he is getting to the QB in about 2 seconds flat. THAT IS TOM BRADIES WEAKNESS!!!

Did a fantastic job keeping Desean Watson in check...although You have to give credit to the entire defense as a whole, but he definitely played his part.

He is a terrible frustration to every O-lineman he faced, and you can see how frantic they became towards the 3rd and 4th quarter.

This dude is PRO ready as far as strength goes. If he hits the film room and the defense is gelling, he can be a major force against the run.

He collapses him man on dive plays easily and disengages easily when needed.

The gus had 16 sacks and averaged 1.23 sacks per game.

and the best part (NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT HIM :))

8 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

He decided not to run today. Anybody know why?

Not sure.  I appreciate your analyses but I have a question.  

What are you basing them on?  Multiple game film, actually seeing them play, other reports, etc?

This guy would be a great 2nd round pick.  

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Not sure.  I appreciate your analyses but I have a question.  

What are you basing them on?  Multiple game film, actually seeing them play, other reports, etc?

This guy would be a great 2nd round pick.  

Im basing this off his game film and his productivity. he and Edjuan Price were the two most productive in the draft followed by Barnett.

Even though his straight line speed is slow..he's getting into the backfield like Jonathan Allen.

He just swims and Moves and cuts through guys like butter when he makes plays.

4 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

I'm gonna bump this, because you guys really need to watch this guys tape. He probably gonna be a 4.8 guy, but if he can get a 4.7 on his combine, we should consider him a replacement for ol, drink and drive that got arrested earlier.

Who's "ol drink and drive"? Please don't tell me Parry, because Walker is no NT...

18 minutes ago, Shive said:

Who's "ol drink and drive"? Please don't tell me Parry, because Walker is no NT...

If you watch the games, you can see he can easily play that role if needed. He moved all across the line, even in 3-4 right above the center.

That's versatility you cant coach.