Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Al Afalava & the Safeties

Scott Pennock

Everyone seems to forget about this kid. He was a heavy hitting, in-the-box safety at Oregon State and had a VERY solid rookie season with the Bears two years ago. I firmly beleive he will be the primary back-up and ST Ace that replaces Silva on the roster. He may even push Melvin for the starting strong safety spot?!!? Last year he was dinged up and didn't play much after we signed him, but my bold roster prediction for the year is this kid makes some plays for us in 2011!

2009 13 games started.....53 tackles.......7 passes defensed.......1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recovery. That was a solid rookie campaign right there!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• We've got all interested GMs and their requested teams filled in for 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, please ensure the entries are right.   There are still 10 teams available, so interested GMs can go ahead and choose your second NFL team for the Mock Draft this year, from the list of teams given at the end of this post.   @tweezy32 and @EasyE were very much interested, but their plans changed and couldn't participate as of now, if you get available back again, please let us know.   @OhioColt, as in last year, feel free to visit during draft days, and if you'd like to participate in any of the days, there might be a team you could take on if available. Same for @NFLfan, if you'd have free time, you could jump in as commissioner anytime.    Yoshinator - Denver Broncos @Yoshinator Colts Germany - New York Giants @ColtsGermany Stitches - Chicago Bears @stitches Defjamz26 - Philadelphia Eagles @Defjamz26 Solid84 - Arizona Cardinals @Solid84 Chad72 - Detroit Lions @chad72 Coltsfanej - Washington Commanders @coltsfanej Archer - New England Patriots @Archer SaturdayAllDay - New Orleans Saints @SaturdayAllDay John Hammonds - Green Bay Packers @John Hammonds PRnum1 - Buffalo Bills @PRnum1 CR91 - Las Vegas Raiders @CR91 Indyfan4life - Minnesota Vikings @Indyfan4life Tom Diggs - Atlanta Falcons @TomDiggs VikingsFanInChennai - Jacksonville Jaguars  RollerColt - Cincinnati Bengals @RollerColt csmopar - Seattle Seahawks @csmopar jvan1973 - Kansas City Chiefs @jvan1973 Hark - New York Jets @Hark runthepost - Houston Texans @runthepost Mike06181 - Los Angeles Rams @Mike06181   Teams still available to be taken as second team for GMs    NFC:    49ers  Cowboys  Bucs  Panthers     AFC:    Dolphins     Colts (Lucky Draw)  Browns  Ravens  Steelers  Chargers Titans    @Archer, @TomDiggs, @coltsfanej, @chad72 and @John Hammonds, you've already expressed interest in taking second team, so go ahead and pick any available team of your choice. Anyone else who could spare their time to take another team may go ahead and mention your preferred choice as well.   As soon as all NFL teams are assigned, I'll run the Lucky Draw for choosing Colts GM, and it could be as soon as tomorrow, so let's pick all the remaining teams pretty quick. 
    • Is everyone ready for baseball to start? I know we had the two games in South Korea, but for the rest of the MLB, baseball begins! I have to wait for the Braves to play til tomorrow cause of the weather, but am looking forward to baseball beginning in two hours!
    • Interesting.   I’d say the teams drafting zone corners in the first are also playing more man coverage than other teams.      I think you can get a feel for Ballard.  Traded down from 26 to 34 to take Rock.  Traded down twice from 35 to 38 to 44 to take Juju.  So, at least to date, he hasn’t  shown a willingness to use a first on a corner.      But it’s possible that could change this year.   
  • Members