Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It has been a long time since I have posted. I have been so disqusted by the OL, and imho the regression of Andrew, along with Pep's playcalling, I can barely take reading the sports section. Plus, once someone is considered elite, boy do they waste no time ripping them to shreds, although it is deserved.

Ok, why did I post. Andrew is not able to carry the team this year. I posted above my reasons, he is not taking the time to read the field and locking in since he knows what is coming, and I don't see it changing, unless we start calling games to get it out of his hands quickly, and that is not our MO.

So if things continue, we could actually have an early pick, which with a new GM and probably new coach who is going to want to buy his own groceries, I can only see an OL or DL. There is a lot more quality OL unless we pick really high than DL, so I am guessing OL. I would love Tunsil, but I would be very happy with Conklin.

So, although it took awhile to get here, all the players which I believe are going to be released after the year is going to give us some cap space. I don't want to waste it like we have in the last few years, since free agency has not exactly worked out. I would prefer quality over quantity.

Alex Mack is going to want to leave Cleveland. It is the reason he put a clause in his contract after this year they could not franchise him, so he will be on the open market. He is 30, but good centers can play awhile, and he still has some good years left in him. If we could get an OL, one who could take over the RT spot, keep Mewhort at RG, and have Mack at Center. Conklin at RT, and maybe draft or look for a RG, we could really upgrade the line, and still have some draft picks starting in the second to go after DL.

So when Mack becomes available because there is no way he is going to stay with Cleveland after all the losing he has seen, do we go after him?

To bad the Joe Thomas contract does not run out and just bring them in as a pair. As I said, whoever the next buyer of groceries is, quality over quantity please!

It has been a long time since I have posted. I have been so disqusted by the OL, and imho the regression of Andrew, along with Pep's playcalling, I can barely take reading the sports section. Plus, once someone is considered elite, boy do they waste no time ripping them to shreds, although it is deserved.

Ok, why did I post. Andrew is not able to carry the team this year. I posted above my reasons, he is not taking the time to read the field and locking in since he knows what is coming, and I don't see it changing, unless we start calling games to get it out of his hands quickly, and that is not our MO.

So if things continue, we could actually have an early pick, which with a new GM and probably new coach who is going to want to buy his own groceries, I can only see an OL or DL. There is a lot more quality OL unless we pick really high than DL, so I am guessing OL. I would love Tunsil, but I would be very happy with Conklin.

So, although it took awhile to get here, all the players which I believe are going to be released after the year is going to give us some cap space. I don't want to waste it like we have in the last few years, since free agency has not exactly worked out. I would prefer quality over quantity.

Alex Mack is going to want to leave Cleveland. It is the reason he put a clause in his contract after this year they could not franchise him, so he will be on the open market. He is 30, but good centers can play awhile, and he still has some good years left in him. If we could get an OL, one who could take over the RT spot, keep Mewhort at RG, and have Mack at Center. Conklin at RT, and maybe draft or look for a RG, we could really upgrade the line, and still have some draft picks starting in the second to go after DL.

So when Mack becomes available because there is no way he is going to stay with Cleveland after all the losing he has seen, do we go after him?

To bad the Joe Thomas contract does not run out and just bring them in as a pair. As I said, whoever the next buyer of groceries is, quality over quantity please!

I don't consider an oft injured, overpriced 30 year old Center to be picking up quality.... in fact, doing what you suggest is the EXACT MO of Grigson and is why we suck.  No thanks.