Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 06/24 "Twosday Twofer REad & REact"

sb41champs

:blueshoe:   ENJOY TWODAYS "TWOSDAY TWOFER" EDITION OF "RE:  REad & REact":

:blueshoe:   A couple of "rules" about todays "REad & REact":  (1) PLEASE read the entire articles via the link BEFORE responding to the question  (2)  Since this is a "sticky wicket" kind of topic - please THINK before responding - even if that means waiting a day or two to respond.  Thank you.

:blueshoe:   1.  http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/06/10/bob-kravitz-exclusive-colts-owner-jim-irsay-opens-up-about-alcoholism-addiction-and-more/10282707/

What kind of sanctions do you think Roger Goodell will hand down to Colts owner Jim Irsay for his DUI arrest ?

:blueshoe:   2.   http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/06/13/bob-kravitz-indianapolis-colts-owner-jim-irsay-drugs-addiction-interview/10414243/

Agree or disagree with Bob Kravitz ??  Does Jim Irsay owe anyone an apology for his latest issue with pain medications ??

:blueshoe:   1.  Personally - I think the Commissioner will hand down a directive of continued rehabilitation with the NFL being notified of Irsay's progress.  I also think there is the possibility that Irsay "may" have a short suspension.

:blueshoe:   2.  DISAGREE WITH KRAVITZ !!  The only folks Irsay really owes apologies to - are his family & himself.  I continue to be surprized that with the knowledge that there is a genetic predisposition to addiction within families - WHY would anyone take the chance.  I speak from experience.  My paternal grandmother died from alcoholism.  Knowing that - I never took the first drink.  Regrettably - two of my siblings are alcoholics.  

I continue to marvel at Bob Kravitz's way to "talk around" an issue.  He assures the readers that he understands addiction issues - and - then proves that he does not.  Shame on Bob Kravitz for this follow-up to his first article.

My thoughts & prayers go out to Jim Irsay & his family - as they try to find the appropriate path to managing his chronic pain & living a life of sobriety.  God bless.