Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Broncos' D might be instrumental in the Broncos winning it tonight

chad72

In the past, when a #1 seed in both conferences went against each other, here are some things that have happened. Giants dominated time of possession vs Jim Kelly and the Bills to the tune of 41-19 minutes or something like that in that Norwood wide right missed FG SB win vs the Bills. Saints had a SB record 82% completion rate from Drew Brees, completing 3rd down after 3rd down keeping Peyton on the sidelines in 2009. Giants shrunk the game vs the Patriots in 2007, played outstanding D and converted several key 3rd downs again to beat the Pats.

So, the Broncos' D (and possibly ST), that is giving up about 65 rushing yards per game, will be instrumental in the Broncos winning it tonight to maintain at least a stalemate in time of possession and provide some good field position for Peyton. They have not been talked about much at all and all talk is centered around Peyton, Seahawks' D, Lynch, and a little bit of Russell Wilson.

I anticipate them to be talked about after tonight much more and given credit more.

Yep, I was so wrong and I am not afraid to admit it!!!

fool's gold it was, the Broncos' D. Fooled me for sure. :)

In fairness, they were playing really well in the playoffs heading into the SB and Denver made so many mistakes between the safety and turnovers that they were behind the eight ball all night.