Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland (+15) at Denver (9-23-13) 8:30 EST

oldunclemark

Mid 60s and dry in Denver....near perfect

Vegas is taunting you here....15 is outrageous...

The problem with taking Oakland is....that if the Raiders fall behind, the Bronco's 'D' and special

teams can score and blow the game out...

Remember the Oak kicker has almost 60-yard range in the light Denver air....

If I was forced to make a choice....even though Denver has covered big spreads 2 weeks in a row..

....I'd take the Raiders getting 15 points

I think Denver covers and that is mainly because the Broncos' LBs are not the Colts' LBs of now or the Dungy era. I saw them play Sproles last year and wondered why on earth Dungy's LBs, with all their speed, could not play Sproles that way. Those LBs will limit Pryor and thus limit the point total thus covering the spread.

The over is 49.5

If Denver scores 35 ... below what they've done the first two weeks

Oak gets 17..that covers...

.....The over is again a good bet with Denver at home...

No injury report yet, from article

Todays Practice 

Cornerback Champ Bailey, who's missed the first two games of 2013 with a foot injury, was limited during the Broncos' Friday practice. He spent much of the early minutes of practice with his helmet in hand observing the defense.

"He's day-to-day," coach John Fox said. "We're evaluating. When we feel he's ready to play, he'll play."

Tight end Joel Dreessen, who has sat out the team's first two games with a knee injury, participated, and Fox discussed working the former starter back into the team's attack.

"It's great," Fox said of Dreessen's recovery. "He's a smart guy that started for us a year ago. He's getting back in the groove a little bit like Champ, and we'll see how he does the rest of the week."

The Broncos are functioning on a typical Thursday schedule in preparation for their Monday night game against the Raiders at home. A full injury report will be released on Saturday.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24140398/broncos-champ-bailey-not-active-at-practice-raiders

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW Article CAME IN COLORED BELOW, after injury report

Denver Broncos vs. Oakland Raiders Injury Report
http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/21/4756182/denver-broncos-vs-oakland-raiders-injury-report/in/4511427

Welcome the Spotlight

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’re Chris Clark. You’re 27 years old, and you may have trouble sleeping Sunday night.

You’re starting your first game at left tackle this weekend. Your only significant regular-season game experience to this point is as a jumbo tight end in 2011, when Tim Tebow ran the offense. Now your job is to protect Peyton Manning’s blind side.

You’ll be playing on Monday night. You entered the league as an undrafted free agent, you’ve been cut three times, and your debut comes on Monday Night Football.

You’ll be going up against a pass rusher, Oakland’s Lamarr Houston, who leads all NFL pass rushers through two weeks in quarterback pressures. He has 16, in eight quarters. He’s very good at stunting, which means you not only have to block Houston, but when he stunts, you have to be able to communicate with your guard about who’s blocking whom. Not easy when it’s your first game starting at left tackle

So how are you feeling about it all?

“So excited,’’ the 6-5, 315-pound Clark said, driving home Thursday evening after practice and meetings at the Broncos facility. “No feeling of fear. I will not be afraid. But it’s pretty intense, and believe me, I am not taking any of this lightly.”

Clark’s mobility is just average, and Denver may need to help him with chip-blocking from an extra tight end on passing downs 

And Manning has his back, according to Clark.

“When we found out about Ryan,’’ Clark said, “Peyton texted me. He said to me, basically,

‘I know you can do it. You’ve been waiting for this moment your whole life. Let’s get it done.’

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/20/chris-clark-game-plan/

I think Denver covers and that is mainly because the Broncos' LBs are not the Colts' LBs of now or the Dungy era. I saw them play Sproles last year and wondered why on earth Dungy's LBs, with all their speed, could not play Sproles that way. Those LBs will limit Pryor and thus limit the point total thus covering the spread.

The over is 49.5

If Denver scores 35 ... below what they've done the first two weeks

Oak gets 17..that covers...

.....The over is again a good bet with Denver at home...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYgWBT0-Lbw

I was a little surprised to see the meshing of two of my favorite things. #18 and Rush. 

The Raiders like to blitz....tb

Tracy Porter and Charles Woodson in the secondary right....?

They'll be jumping short routes....

Our protection has to hold....but if it does...there's plays out be to be made

Tracy Porter and Charles Woodson   both there and Porter playing well, not like when a Bronco hurt

Raiders Head  Coach Dennis Allen   is defensive oriented as was when was with Broncos 

uses inovative blitz,packages and line gets most of sacks   from partcicularly DL Houston who is moved around for various packages , but vaarious DBs  with 5 blitzs themseles  using  varying schemes  

9 sacks total

Expect Clark to be tested

2 Articles

Breaking Down the Raiders Pass Rush

(( few excerpts ))

DE Hoiustin

ProFootballFocus.com credits the Raiders with 23 hurries -- 12 of which belong to defensive end Lamarr Houston, who justifiably attracts the most attention from opposing offensive lines.

( comment 7 article said 16 presures by Houston)

He's used as a stand-up edge rusher as well as a hand-in-the-dirt defensive end, and the way the Raiders move him around often forces mismatches against tight ends and running backs that are forced to pick him up if he stunts or delays his pass rush.

They are at a 45-to-90-pound disadvantage against the 300-pound Houston, who has the speed of a pass rusher 30 pounds smaller. The attention Houston draws sets up much more than the sacks he notches.

The result has been nine sacks from seven different Raiders. Five of the sacks have come from defensive backs: one each for safeties Tyvon Branch and Brandian Ross and 1.5 for safety Usama Young and cornerback Tracy Porter -- a testament to the frequency and variety of the Raiders' blitzes.,  

((( Branch hurt & out, young &n usuma have rotaed inb for him & been solid )))

DE  Houston has rest of sacks

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Breaking-Down-the-Raiders-Pass-Rush/705f65fb-7c4d-436e-a611-bf962c078832

Blitzing vs. Denver may not have same effect for Raiders as it had in first two weeks

(( because its Vs Peyton ))

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/09/21/blitzing-vs-denver-may-not-have-same-effect-for-raiders-as-it-had-in-first-two-weeks/21813/

PS   ---     got to wonder, Denver D looked great Vs Giants but Carolina sacked them 7 times and destroyed them ,. Hrad to judge these Denver players in that light but one thing for sure , play play at 100 % with desire, they  dont take plays off 

Meanwhile Colts taking down 49/rs Keep it Up Luck, & Trent R. gets 1st TD of Game , Go Colts 

maybe catch u all Monday, back to Colt game

If there is still doubt that Chamnp Bailey..

..they should hold out.....Phily is next and you need 4 cover corners vs. Phily

Shuan Phiilps DNP & questionable in final injury report  

here is link again   http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/21/4756182/denver-broncos-vs-oakland-raiders-injury-report

Apparently is suffering from sudden back spasms

The Broncos currently have five sacks on the season as a team. Half those sacks belong to Shaun Phillips and he may not play in Monday night's game against the Raiders. Phillips has 2.5 sacks on the season and after suffering back spasms in practice this week is officially questionable for Monday night.

The Broncos are having some real trouble finding a pass rush of late. 

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/9/23/4761098/denver-broncos-without-top-pass-rushers-could-be-without-current-sack-leader-vs-oakland-raiders

Shuan Phiilps DNP & questionable in final injury report  

here is link again   http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/9/21/4756182/denver-broncos-vs-oakland-raiders-injury-report

Apparently is suffering from sudden back spasms

The Broncos currently have five sacks on the season as a team. Half those sacks belong to Shaun Phillips and he may not play in Monday night's game against the Raiders. Phillips has 2.5 sacks on the season and after suffering back spasms in practice this week is officially questionable for Monday night.

The Broncos are having some real trouble finding a pass rush of late. 

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/9/23/4761098/denver-broncos-without-top-pass-rushers-could-be-without-current-sack-leader-vs-oakland-raiders

Should have signed Freeney when they had a chance. :)

Should have signed Freeney when they had a chance. :)

absolutely , just didnt want to spend money,  I hear Freeney is also such a respected leader he is teaching younger guys and they are better for it from all I hear

they have no pass rush, period, at some pint that will catch up with them