Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do I bench Michael Vick in favor of Romo or Stafford in 2 leagues?

chad72

I invested in Michael Vick as an upside pick in rounds 9 & 10 in 2 leagues, so far so good. :)

But now he plays a tough nosed Chiefs' D that I think is legit.

I have Stafford in 1 league as my primary QB and Romo in the other.

So, do I bench him in favor of those 2 or bench him only in favor of Stafford who is going against the worst pass D right now in the league in the Redskins?

Thoughts???

Vick vs Stafford, I am leaning Stafford vs Redskins' awful pass D. It is just too good a matchup to pass up for me.

But Vick vs Romo, I am leaning towards Vick because of the short week and I think they will end up with the same level of production but vs different teams with the Rams the 10th worst against the pass.

I am going with Vick over Romo for upside vs the Chiefs because of the rushing TD factor. I remember Romeo Crennel playing outstanding pass D at ArrowHead vs Rodgers with the Chiefs knocking out the Packers during their 15-1 season, and holding him to just 1 passing TD but Rodgers still gave me enough points with a rushing TD to add to it. Chiefs are outstanding in coverage vs a pocket passing QB, so if Vick tucks it and runs and does not fumble or hands it to McCoy, he could have a decent outing that won't make me regret starting him for upside. That is how I am reasoning it. Hopefully Vick comes through. :)

Plus, the Eagles' D has not been playing well at all, which leads to closer games vs good/decent offensive teams and thus Vick won't just be handing it off to McCoy against a good team like the Chiefs with a huge lead. The Redskins game, Vick literally stopped throwing passes pretty much after the 3rd qtr. which allowed the Redskins to put up garbage points (just like Packers game, good for RG3 FF owners, bad for Morris owners).