Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was Dallas Clark Worth The Big Contract That He Was Given?

GoGoColts

whatever ,he has dropped more than he's caught.He has poor hands compared to other TE's.watch other games.He has big play ability and questionable hands.Just cause hes caught some great passes does not mean he has good hands.He couldn't catch a cold this year...please

Are you serious? This deserves a "Come on man!"

Are you serious? This deserves a "Come on man!"

C'MON MAN!

Seriously though, Dallas is not a traditional TE. We all know this, it has been said a gazillion times. Now that he's being forced to play as a traditional TE, he is getting frustrated and it's affecting his timing, which directly affects his catch.

The raw truth is, we aren't using him right. I blame this, along with many other things, on our coaching staff. We have better blocking TE's, so why are we using the little receiver TE to block?

To get Dallas off we're going to need some semblance of creativity. Manning may be able to help in this regard by explaining to the coaching staff, and Painter, how to get this guy involved. We're talking about a guy that opponent coaches like Sean Peyton described as our best weapon. Dallas had a hundred receptions a few years ago, and he has, I believe, 1 or 2 after three games.

Figure it out, Caldwell!

I think he's a guy, that's at his best when Peyton is on the field, or is only useful when Peyton is on the field.

There are several times Collins could've hit him on the seam, but those just aren't throws he can't hit accurately.

What really cemented my disdain for Collins was that goaline fade to Dallas that had no chance. For years that route has been cash freakin money for Peyton and Dallas, so I'm wondering if that call came from Peyton's suggestion upstairs?

The trick to it is, you have to throw that route fast, really fast and really accurate over the top of the defender (Polamolu). Thing is, if it ain't there, it ain't there. The result was a poor read and an even poorer pass.

^^^^ As athletic and talented as Troy is, I think Clark would've had the match up 1-on-1 is Peyton was throwing it to him. I agree with you completely.

Clark usually can't be matched up 1 on 1 when Peyton is throwing it to him, we saw how teams have double teamed him(or even triple team in rare cases).

But that was just an awful throw by Kerry, I also think Reggie bested Ike Taylor for most of the night.

he's been used a lot more for blocking this year than receiving and he's simply not very good at blocking. I wouldn't put the blame for this on Clark because the Colts knew when they re-signed him that he's not the best blocker but that's largely what we're asking him to do now. Couple that with the inconsistent play from QB and yeah, he's become a non-factor but it's really not his fault.

I agree Clark has probably been effected more by not having Manning than any other player on the roster. He's not being able to do what he is good at which is line up in the slot get a miss match and go down the field. We are keeping him in to block like a traditional tightend and having him running normal tightend routes and he's just out of his comfort zone and it's showing. It's going to take a while to adjust.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now