Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel McCullers

He's graded out to go anywhere from 3rd round to 5th. If he was there in the 4th for us, do you take him? He's a big guy, 6'8" 360 and could form a good tandem with Chapman at nosetackle. His talent is raw but he holds his own at the line of scrimmage and would be a good player to develop.

I have watched him a lot this year. He is a physical freak but seems to get lost in games sometimes. He is still pretty new to football though. First half of games hes all over the field and towards the end its seems where he gets lost so I would take it as a conditioning thing. First few possessions against BAMA he moved Warmack into the backfield with bull rushes. I believe he is worth a shot knowing he could be a bit of a project.

Guys that tall are rarely effective in a 3-4. There are exceptions to the rule of course.... but 3-4 DL, and especially NT, are typically shorter, even much shorter than that. Guys that tall have trouble keeping their pad level low. They can't get under the OL to move them.

I suspect he's worth a flier in a late round... but not sure I'd want to spend more than that without knowing more...