Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Three things the Bengals, Saints and Seahawks had in common

chad72

There were just three teams balanced enough in personnel and/or approach to be ranked in the league’s top 10 in yards allowed per game on defense, points allowed per game on defense and points scored overall.

They were the Cincinnati Bengals, the New Orleans Saints and, the Seattle Seahawks.

Andy Dalton is definitely holding the Bengals back. The Saints are on the right track trying to ask Brees to not do too much. The Seahawks have already mastered the art of helping out their young QB.

Just some food for thought that balance is not as easy to achieve in critical categories as one thought. Plus, even if you achieve that balance, it is still hard enough to win it all.

Those are 3 very good teams. I really thought Cincy was a dark horse last year until some injuries derailed their defense to an extent and then well Andy let them down. That said I still think they are the class of their division and will be a very dangerous playoff team. Rob Ryan runs a very aggressive defense...and he has done a good job everywhere he has gone. That Saints offense just ran into a buzzsaw in Seattle. I like their running game but their passing game is very dependant on Graham....they really need someone else to step up. One thing about Seattle is their offense didn't turn the ball over...hardly ever...didn't put their defense in bad situations...add that to the fact that they have a great rotation on the DL to have run stoppers, pass rushers, and an incredible secondary...they were just loaded. I don't think we are on that level but if we can win the turnover battle and be in the top 10 in scoring defense...I think we have a winner on our hands.

The Saints biggest concern is their offensive line.

Say what you want about that defense but they ranked in the top 10. They looked really good last year, just to think the previous season they were ranked dead bottom in the league, and the Gregg Williams years were pretty disappointing apart from where they went INT crazy in 2009.

They struggle hard with teams that know how to blitz and can bring in pressure, and they are going to keep struggling with these teams until the o-line is fixed.

The Bengals were a pretty good team last year and I don't understand all the hate Dalton gets. It's only his 3rd year anyway. He's done a lot better than Carson Palmer would be faring right now. Dalton is not the problem, that kid is going to get better. You know what the problem is and no one wants to talk about it - the big elephant in the room: MARVIN LEWIS. The other big problem is PAUL BROWN and how cheap he is to the point he don't want to build a competitive team. Marvin Lewis has coached the Bengals for how long now? He's the longest lasting coach of a team left in the league and he has yet to win a playoff game yet.

Stop blaming everything on Dalton and look at the very obvious problem that has been plaguing them for the past 10 years. Marvin Lewis' record is 90-85-1. And this guy has been coaching the Bengals for a decade now and still can't win a playoff game. It's pretty obvious who the real problem is in Cincinnati without pointing the finger at the cheapest owner that don't care whatsoever if his team wins, just so long as he banks in some cash.

Dalton is not the problem. This whole "The QB is everything! QB's are Gods!" stuff needs to stop. Yes he played poorly in the playoffs, but I'm talking about the Bengals for the past decade. They have always been a joke under Marvin Lewis. Remember in 2009 when they looked like an actual good team for a change? Lewis won the AP Coach of the Year award, when they let themselves get shut out in NY, and then ultimately beat to a pulp by a Jets team that lucked into the playoffs.

Any other owner would have fired Marvin Lewis by now cause he's a joke. Dalton is not the problem, get him an actual coach that knows what he's doing and you would see better results.