Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Offensive Line And Running Game Without Peyton

chad72

Our offensive line being able to run the ball with Addai and Carter is going to be the key to the entire season, IMO. Kerry Collins flourishes with a running game like he did with the Giants and Titans. Yes, he has not had talented wideouts like Wayne and Clark at the same time on any team but then, like any rookie or new QB in a new system, the best way to help a new QB is a good running game.

Brody Eldridge should stay healthy for us all year and our O-line should run block well all year, that is the only way our opponents are going to respect a Colts passing offense led by Kerry Collins. I expect us to be close to a 50-50 pass-to-run team with Kerry Collins initially at least to establish the run and play action. Teams will not play their safeties deep as they will with Peyton, IMO.

Thoughts???

Our offensive line being able to run the ball with Addai and Carter is going to be the key to the entire season, IMO. Kerry Collins flourishes with a running game like he did with the Giants and Titans. Yes, he has not had talented wideouts like Wayne and Clark at the same time on any team but then, like any rookie or new QB in a new system, the best way to help a new QB is a good running game.

Brody Eldridge should stay healthy for us all year and our O-line should run block well all year, that is the only way our opponents are going to respect a Colts passing offense led by Kerry Collins. I expect us to be close to a 50-50 pass-to-run team with Kerry Collins initially at least to establish the run and play action. Teams will not play their safeties deep as they will with Peyton, IMO.

Thoughts???

Couldnt agree more, They will be alot of 2 TE sets, and Big sets run. I anticipate Tamme and Clark having a good season. I also expect Delone Carter to pay significant dividends as our 2nd running back

Couldnt agree more, They will be alot of 2 TE sets, and Big sets run. I anticipate Tamme and Clark having a good season. I also expect Delone Carter to pay significant dividends as our 2nd running back

I think we will see a good 2:1 Addai:Carter game. Hopefully Evans gets some reps as well.