Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A not so flattering fact

bluephantom87

That the Colts have now lost 11 of their last 15 games within the AFC south. This division overall has always been lackluster at best but it's one that we had a stronghold on for years.

In the past three seasons alone the Titans (2021), Jags (2022) and Texans (2023) have won the division. As a matter of fact each team has at least two division crowns while the Colts have ZERO under Ballard's 8 yr run as gm.

Hopefully in the near future Chris's love for high RAS scores, low rd draft picks, his pay your own philosophy, MO for trading down, hardcore stance on build from inside out and his believe of minimal use in free agency yield better results than his current 56-63-1 record that plays a part in the division drought. I ask you Colt's nation.. Do you believe winning the division is still possible this season? Thoughts

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Nope. Not with a project quarterback and a crappy defense. The Colts need to start from scratch next year in my opinion. Get rid of Ballard and most of the other coaches.. heck I wouldn’t be opposed to getting rid of Steichen. 

I think we all realize by now that this is an  evaluation year for AR.  It should have been last year, but stuff happens. 

It’s clear that it’s all about AR and the defense is an afterthought.  Not bringing any experienced DBs when we had the money and knew the injury history is evidence enough. 

So, if it looks like AR is our guy, I’m guessing they finally try to build a defense next season.  

But if AR isn’t the answer, then Irsay has to blow it up, right?  You can’t continue with Ballard and a defense that is beyond pathetic.  

One more thing.  The D doesn’t have to be great, mediocre would be all we need if the O is what we hope for.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I think we all realize by now that this is an  evaluation year for AR.  It should have been last year, but stuff happens. 

It’s clear that it’s all about AR and the defense is an afterthought.  Not bringing any experienced DBs when we had the money and knew the injury history is evidence enough. 

So, if it looks like AR is our guy, I’m guessing they finally try to build a defense next season.  

But if AR isn’t the answer, then Irsay has to blow it up, right?  You can’t continue with Ballard and a defense that is beyond pathetic.  

One more thing.  The D doesn’t have to be great, mediocre would be all we need if the O is what we hope for.  

Still don’t think it happens until after the 2025 season. IF it happens.