Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Mock

1. QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

Not much needs to be said here, but Luck is the natural heir to Peyton's throne.

2. TE Coby Fleener, Stanford

Over the past few days I've been thinking there's no chance of us getting Fleener. But I worked on my full mock and can't see him in the first round. Giants have Beckum returning alongside new signing Martellus Bennett, whilst WR Stephen Hill could fall into the 49ers' lap. Fleener isn't going to be like a Gronkowski to me, but he'll be a good end zone threat and should have decent enough chemistry with Luck.

3. NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

Again, been working on the full mock and I have him falling to us at #65. Whilst I'm not a huge Ta'amu fan, he is definitely the 2nd best NT prospect. Mike Martin and Josh Chapman can play NT and DE which makes them versatile for us so could also see these picks for us, but at #65 Ta'amu should be pretty good value.

4. CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina/CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia

I doubt Minnifield falls this far but his stock is falling due to injury so you never know. Anyway, Josh Norman has impressed scouts lately and I think the Colts attended the Coastal Carolina Pro Day. 6ft, 33 vertical jump, he's got a lot of good physical attributes. Not necessarily blessed with speed but can still keep up with most receivers.

5. WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina

Some fall from grace really here for Jones. He's had a couple off field troubles with has antagonised some of the UNC staff, but he ran a 4.46 40 yard dash and is a big, physical receiver. With the UNC WR coach now at Colts I could see this happening in some way. Makes body catches too often but hopefully can learn from Reggie Wayne.

5 Compensation. TE Evan Rodriguez, Temple/TE James Hanna, Oklahoma

Another TE is needed as Eldridge is almost always injured and not very good. Rodriguez could be the pass catching FB Luck likes but maybe Gronkowski is seen for that role. If so, Hanna impressed at the combine and would be decent backup to Fleener.

6 Compensation. OG Lonnie Edwards, Texas Tech

Really powerful guy who can be effective at pass and run blocking. Could be a steal at this point but I'm happy with him as depth for now. Reitz did an okay job last year and could improve with the whole offseason to work on his game.

7. CB Justin Bethel, Presbyterian College

Did pretty well at the combine but we have to come out of this draft with 2 Cornerbacks. One in the mid-rounds and one late sounds good to me.

7 (From Jets). ILB Carmen Messina, New Mexico

Studied this guy a bit and I really like him. Small schooler so will go later on, but always appears to be around the ball, never stops going. Tough tackler and should provide decent depth.

7. Compensation. WR Griff Whalen, Stanford

Another guy who should have decent chemistry with Luck. Might go undrafted but might as well use Mr. Irrelevant pick on him.

QB: Andrew Luck, Drew Stanton, Trevor Vittatoe

HB: Donald Brown, Delone Carter, Darren Evans

FB: Chris Gronkowski, Ryan Mahaffey

WR: Reggie Wayne, Dwight Jones, Austin Collie, Donnie Avery, Blair White, Quan Cosby

TE: Coby Fleener, James Hanna/Evan Rodriguez, Brody Eldridge

LT: Anthony Castonzo, Jeff Linkenbach

LG: Joe Reitz, Lonnie Edwards

C: Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley

RG: Ben Ijalana, Mike McGlynn

RT: Winston Justice, Mike Tepper

DE: Cory Redding, Ricardo Mathews

NT: Alameda Ta'amu, Antonio Johnson

DE: Fili Moala, Drake Nevis

OLB: Dwight Freeney, Mario Addison, Justin Hickman

ILB: Pat Angerer, A.J. Edds, Mario Harvey

ILB: Kavell Conner, Carmen Messina

OLB: Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes, Brandon Peguese

CB: Jerraud Powers, Chris Rucker, Terrence Johnson, Brandon King

CB: Josh Norman, Kevin Thomas, Justin Bethel, Mike Holmes

FS: Antoine Bethea, David Caldwell

SS: Tom Zbikowski, Joe Lefeged

I never thought of taking Freeney and Mathis to the OLB spots. Seems to fill up a lot of the problems in our linebacking corps! How likely do you think that is?

Its definite, has been for awhile... they definitely aren't 3-4 DE, they have to pass rush from OLB position.

Sounds good to me! I'm actually a bit relieved. May have been a bit too overwhelmed by the roster needs to notice that something may have gone right. It seemed like we had way too many DE's, but perhaps now it wouldn't hurt to find a young promising one. Along with a NT for that matter. Guess I can take Zach Brown off of my Round 2 pick possibilities.

I'd go CB or WR in the 2nd since Fleener is extremely unlikely at #34, and I think there is too much TE depth to take one at #34 regardless. Ta'amu I think is an alright pick, even though I'd rather have Martin or Chapman. Both Rodriguez and Hanna are picked too high I think. 6th/7th rounders respectively. Other than that...throw a RB in there and you will have covered most of our top needs! :)