Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers for MVP!

bap1331

LOL!  I'm sure his wife Tiffany, thinks he's sexy enough with their 7 kids :-)

I'm rooting for him, and I'm just glad that people are finally recognizing the qualities that have made him a great leader.  But in the end it won't matter much if we don't get to and win the Super Bowl.

Personally I think his awkward delivery sort of made people not take a closer look, but it's actually one of his strengths.  I used to start the first game of the season and be sort of jarred by seeing him throw and then remember that's his usual motion.   I have seen him throw from every single position possible except left handed, and I bet my husband this week that at some point in his career he will!  I bet he's even practiced throwing leftie just in case  ;)

Well Peyton's balls are so ugly they ARE beautiful lol....the media can get over the throwing style...and obviously winning it all isn't a prerequisite for the MVP so I think he has a wonderful shot at it. If it wasn't for Peyton's year last year he was definately in the discussion. A repeat performance should get him in the running. I just think the media in general are ready to crown new kings in the NFL. I think they WANT to move on from Brady and Manning if possible and start a new narrative...and Luck and Wilson I think will be the names they move on too unfortunately if your a Rivers fan....though he is certainly a very deserving candidate. If the year continues this way he will definately be on the short list of names. Right now he, Wilson, and Luck have far and away been the best QBs in the league with Murray and Peyton still in the mix as far as candidates go for sure.

I just think the media is having Manning/Brady fatigue...they don't have much left to write and even though those guys have tons of fans its not bringing in a new audience...and Luck/Wison will. Brady, Brees, and Manning have been so good for soo long that we almost skipped an era of qbs getting their respect like Rothlisburger, Rivers, Eli, and Romo kinda get over looked...especially Rivers and Romo who don't have the bling to back up their careers. Rivers may fall into that Boomer Esiason/Dan Fouts notoriaty because he doesn't have the records stature that a Marino had. If he is able to win a SB imo he could just as easily jump into the Steve Young caliber of career.