Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How far off are the Colts. Really?

Jules

It is almost scary at times to even think about considering what happened in 2011 and the following offseason with the changes on the team.

But, I like this team. I really like the feel of them. There is a young core here who nobody can deny is promising. A few veterans still showing they have it.

Some added talent should come in this offseason.

Watching Broncos/Ravens made me think about the landscape of the AFC. IF we could have scored TDs instead of FGs that would have been a different game in Baltimore. I won't knock the guys though.....too much youth and I think the better team won and we rwent as far as we could for the magical season.

Ravens will be losing Ray Lewis. Maybe Ed Reed. Steelers are showing some decline. Brady/Manning are not getting any younger.

Texans are likely our biggest rival now and have yet to show they can win in Indy and they seem to collapse a bit nearing the end of the season too.

Of course we cannot predict surprise teams but there was little turnover this year for the AFC playoffs. 5 of the 6 previous playoff teams made it back in. The 4  AFC teams playing this divisional weekend were the same as the previous season.

I am well aware of a sophomore slump but how does this come about? Luck already threw a ton of picks this year and got beaten up a lot. I suppose the win/loss record is the biggest area of concern. We could become better and not reach 11 wins.

All I am saying is.......I like our chances moving forward. A lot.

And I like Pagano. Love him so far. He reminds me of what we had with Dungy. "The voice" the players listen to and follow. Our leader.

He doesn't remind me of Dungy at all. Do you think Dungy would have gone all out the last game to beat Houston? No. He would have rested players since we had nothing to gain. Pagano has that killer instinct while Dungy did not.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic