Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shane Steichen interview

CR91

On 7/21/2023 at 1:45 PM, PRnum1 said:

I think you have a good point here.

Did Hurts development take off because he was in the second year of the SS system or was it the addition of the 100M WR AJ Brown ?

Tying this back to the JT thread, this is why Championship level teams are spending 25M a year on WRs and running backs can't get paid anymore.

WRs impact a game far more than RBs do in today's modern NFL.

The real question is are Pitt, Pierce, McKenzie ready to step up and help their young QB out along with SS's tailored offense ?

Only time will tell. 

this right here.  I don’t know if I’d call MPJ an alpha receiver.  He is one of the best POSSESSION receivers in the game but a bonafide alpha, idk.  He lacks the speed that most alpha receivers have.  Even though he is very productive, he doesn’t command the same attention other alpha receivers require.  In other words, MPJ doesn’t command a safety and a corner but he requires a very good corner.  

I’m hoping that Alec with a qb that can utilize his speed and size will turn him into that alpha.  I would rather see Alec as our WR1 than MPJ because Alec can stretch the field with his 4.4 speed and can put jump most corners with tall frame.  Alec is the wild card among our receivers because he was drafted in the second round and had a first round grade in a deep class.  So hopefully Ballard struck gold with him or we’re going to have to look to FA or the draft for our alpha WR

• Like 2