Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else think the Jaguars are the Team to Watch in our Division?

Defjamz26

You guys are either drinking some really good alcohol or you are dreaming.

I'm going with option A, cause I want some of it.

Just because a team had a good draft don't mean anything. The Lions had many, many "great drafts" in their franchise history and where did it take them every year?

Oh that's right.

The Jags are a joke and everyone knows that, and so are the Texans. You're also nuts if you think a 2-14 team that couldn't close any games last year is going to rise up and really do something "but but but it was all Schaub's fault! They gots a quarterback now!".

You guys remind me a lot of the few Saints fans that are scared of Atlanta even though they were a huge joke last year and finally got exposed for being the pretenders they are.

You need to be thankful you play in one of the worst divisions in football for the past decade. The Colts have had it made since the early 2000's cause every team in that division is a joke. Every few years the Titans or Jags would post that lucky star winning season as a fluke and then go back to being a joke. It took Houston forever to finally pull it together and they couldn't hold onto that rope of success as they went back to being a joke.

The Colts are kinda like the Pats in the fact they've played in a very weak division that is a roll over for the past decade, and you still have it made that way. Be glad. You don't have to worry about mean competition rising up and threatening your spot on the throne since you just thrash over them all. There's no big threat like in the AFC North where it's three teams that can compete with one another very competitively.

Except the fact that our out of conference and out of division record includes wins over some good teams. We beat the 2 superbowl teams. We also smacked the Chiefs around twice. It's the Texans who are the real scrubs of the division. They couldn't even win in division games. They've been overrated for 4 years. Last season proved how terrible they are. They pretty much piggy backed on JJ Watt and Arian Foster for a few years to look like a playoff team. Had the Colts run defense not been so * poor and Polian not been such a terrible GM, they would be the laughing stock of the AFC South. That's why I'm saying the Jags are a bigger threat, Texans don't scare me.

And let's not act like the Saints haven't had it easy. The Falcons and Panthers both got exposed, and the Bucs haven't been good for quite some time. Just because the Panthers got a little hot last year doesn't mean they're this monster in the NFC South. They choked hard in the playoffs and Cam Newton can't lead his team. And with the leagues worst receiving core, the division gets that much easier. And you said yourself the Falcons are pretenders so I'm not sure the Saints have much to go off of either. Literally choked against the Geno Smith led Jets.

Watch for a team in your division?? Why of course you do. You prepare your team to beat the opponent in every game, no matter what team it is, and no matter how bad a team may have been the year before. So focusing on just one team in a division is not a good game plan. You prepare to win every game, no matter who it is.

Watch for a team in your division?? Why of course you do. You prepare your team to beat the opponent in every game, no matter what team it is, and no matter how bad a team may have been the year before. So focusing on just one team in a division is not a good game plan. You prepare to win every game, no matter who it is.

Yeah but there is always the "Team to beat". In the NFC West, its the Seahawks, in the NFC North, it's the Packers. Right now, depending on how Bortles develops, for us it's the Jaguars I feel. The Texans are more overrated than people realize. You don't go from the playoffs to 2-10 just because of QB play.

I certainly agree with your philosophy though. Divisional opponents are the teams that can always catch you off guard and get an upset win. But there is still the team that you know will be a force. I think it's the Jags for us. Texans and Titans shouldn't be slept on though....IDK the Titans do seem to enjoy getting swept by us though ;)